It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aging Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2007, 06:41 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Shogirl HB User
Dark circles under eyes

Does anyone on here have the dreaded inherited dark circles under their eyes. Mine are getting worse with each year of age. They are just terrible. I've tried every type of concealer there is out there. I've also gone to several plastic surgeons and they claim there is nothing that can be done. I feel there must be something, anyone know of anything or have experience with this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2007, 11:47 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User
Re: Dark circles under eyes

My mom has them really bad, and Im noticing mine getting worse as well...theres a cream that starts with an "H" and I cant remember it now for anything. If I think of it ill let you know.
xoxoxoxo
IZZY'SMOM

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2007, 11:32 AM   #3
(female)

azoremom HB User

Hemorrhoid cream? I have heard it works if you are careful to not get it in the eyes. Anyone else ever tried it?

Old 01-07-2007, 02:19 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User

That can work for puffiness, not for the circles. The cream is called Hylexan i believe and it is pretty pricey. But im getting it for my mom, and going to try it myself. You can order it online or maybe big chain drug stores carry it. I know Neimans does. Good luck!
xoxoxoxoxo
IZZY'SMOM

Old 01-08-2007, 08:49 AM   #5
Inactive

lindamh HB User

I have them. Anything that really does stimulate collagen helps to thicken the skin should help. Retin A is supposed to do it, but when I use it, I then have to rub away dry flakes each morning and you're not supposed to do that to under eye areas. So I've never done it enough to definately see results. Sometimes I think the skin seems thicker and less purple.

Vitamin C creams with adequate amounts of the right type of vitamin C that can get absorbed into the skin is also supposed to work. But Vitamin C oxidizes quickly. That's why those serums come in tiny bottles and cost so much.

I bought vitamin C crystals which I mix with a bit of aloe vera gel and throw it out each week and make a new batch. But I haven't used it consistently enough yet to see results.

My problem is not just the dark circles, but the big, round deep set eye socket with prominent bones that make it impossible to conceal. Everything I try mostly just emphasizes the bone and the difference between the thin undereye skin and the thick, freckly skin below.

Old 01-12-2007, 01:21 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

td9997 HB User

I have the dreaded dark circles also if I get my face tanned slightly circles seem to dissapear ,or have you tried tea bags with the water squeezed out also cucumber slices applied to the eye I think help some.

note;
The natural way isnt always the quickest

Old 02-03-2007, 11:12 PM   #7
(female)

rania HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindam View Post
My problem is not just the dark circles, but the big, round deep set eye socket with prominent bones that make it impossible to conceal. Everything I try mostly just emphasizes the bone and the difference between the thin undereye skin and the thick, freckly skin below.
I know exactly what youre saying! I have the SAME problem. I dont need to de-puff, if anything, I NEED puffiness because of how deep the eye socket seems. I just try to use concealer and foundation, but in a hurry, theres just not enough time to sit there and blend. If you find anything PLEASE let me know. Ill do the same. Good luck to us!

Old 02-04-2007, 10:05 AM   #8
(female)

Karenann12342 HB User

I have the inherit dark eyes. I notice when I get really tired they are darker, but even every day is dark enough. I haven't found anything that works. One eye is worse than the other. Once when my kids were young one of their friends asked me how I got my black eye ( I had just gotten back from a long drive.) When I use cover up it looks like I was trying to cover dark circles. If anyone finds anything that really work it will be worth a fourtune. I am tired of looking like a raccoon or uncle fester, but I guess there are a lot worse problems so I joke about it. Its nice to meet other people with the same problems. Thanks, Karen

Old 02-06-2007, 03:40 PM   #9
(female)

inacarr57 HB User

CVS has a Hylexin copy that costs about $20 a tube. I use that along with bleaching cream under my eyes and have completely eliminated puffiness and greatly reduced the dark circles.

Old 02-10-2007, 09:35 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

Shogirl HB User

What kind of bleaching cream do you use??? This is what I need.

Old 02-12-2007, 03:48 AM   #11
Inactive
(male)

Phlox HB User
Question Re: Dark circles under eyes

Are there any problems or side effects from using bleaching cream?

Old 02-15-2007, 09:25 AM   #12
Inactive
(female)

Shogirl HB User

I saw something the other day saying something in bleaching cream can cause cancer. I've already had cancer, now I must not stand a chance since I've used bleaching cream before. It may not be true that it causes cancer, you hear just about everything does anymore, see if you can find anything on it and let me know.

Old 02-20-2007, 04:56 PM   #13
(female)

inacarr57 HB User

I use any bleaching cream that has 2% hydroquinone. It takes a while to notice a change, at least a month. I haven't had any side effects. I sure hope this doesn't cause cancer. I haven't heard anything like that, but I will research this.

Old 02-21-2007, 12:58 AM   #14
(female)

nana54 HB User

They have been using 2% hydroquinone for years, there is no evidence at
this time the it can cause cancer. You have more of a chance getting
cancer by breathing the air. You are using it in such a small amount
It shouldn't be a concern. If you are concerned about the dark circles, I would get a fat tansfer under you eyes, it's really natual looking becasue they move the fat form under your eye into the corner of the eye, it fills in
the corner of the eye and it won't look so hallow. My friend had it done, looks great!! There is no skin removal, non invasive.

Old 02-21-2007, 08:01 AM   #15
(female)

Diane817 HB User

Hi, isn't hydroquinone what is used in products that help with sun spots/age spots? Thanks.

Closed Thread