It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aging Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2007, 11:15 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

candle66 HB User
Feeling sexy after 40?

Is it possible?

I was in denial all through out my 30's. Probably dressing and acting a lot younger than I should have. But when you reach 40. There is no denying.. we're old!! lol Males perserve better than females or maybe in our culture we dont view them as OLD over 40.

I want to lose a few pounds having some minor cosmetic surgery etc.. and I was sitting thinking today.. what's the point? I am still going to be viewed as old, over the hill. Should I punish myself like this and just age gracefully as I can? It happens to us all, I am no different.

No I do not buy into the you are only as old as you feel.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2007, 11:34 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: Feeling sexy after 40?

Age 40 is not over the hill!! Actually "life begins at 40" for most people.

Age 40 is time to enjoy not being tied down with little ones, free to get up and go do things.

Usually when people feel as you do, they are suffering from depression. Have you seen your doctor for depression?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2007, 05:37 PM   #3
(female)

Njoylife HB User

I agree, life begins after 40. Feeling sexy? .. better than in the younger days. It's all in your attitude. If you feel old, you'll act old. What's good about the 50's, besides sex, is you can do and say whatever you want because at that age you don't feel like you have to prove a thing to anyone. Stop thinking your old and go live life to the fullest. With the right attitude and being healthy inside and out, you'll surprise yourself how many men will look. Best of life...

Last edited by Njoylife; 02-13-2007 at 07:14 PM.

Old 02-10-2007, 06:00 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

brook65 HB User

Well I am 41 coming up 42, and I look better now than I did when I was in my 20's. My partner is eight years younger than myself, and we look a similar age.

I agree with the other poster that you may well be depressed, some people do have the attitude that once we hit 40 thats it! it does have a lot to do with attitude and how you perceive yourself.

Think young, stay young. 40 nowadays is young!!

Old 02-10-2007, 08:58 PM   #5
(female)

Jennybug HB User

You will never be younger than you are at this very moment. Enjoy it. Ten years from now you will look back and wish you were 40 again. I have never had a birthday that depressed me. It sure beats the alternative. My mother died when she was only 45. I'm happy to be here. A woman can be sexy and beautiful all her life. Sex is 90% in your mind. By the way, sex gets better after 40. I also believe that people who age gracefully are much more beautiful and sexy than those who give in to plastic surgery. You can always tell. Aging gracefully shows self confidence.

Old 02-11-2007, 03:05 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

opple HB Useropple HB User

You sound like you really have some age issues going on. A person's sexuality is directly influenced by his or her thoughts. If you walk around with a negative decade-stigma entrenched in your mind about it, you will not feel sexy as you get older, I guarantee it.

Youth and sexiness are not necessarily connected, that's been refuted many times over by experts if you're listening. A person can be any age and look in the mirror and like (even love) what they see, whether it could ever be in some magazine or not. And want to share what they've got to offer.

Some people really do improve with age and it's not just men. My fifties are proving to be much more enjoyable than my forties and I'm actually dating more now than I was back then when I was a struggling single parent.

Last edited by opple; 02-11-2007 at 10:41 PM.

Old 02-11-2007, 03:41 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB User

I am going to be 54 this year and I WISH I would have appreciated how hot I looked in my 40's....... I still look good but trust me now I can really see some aging going on now.......... 50's are much older than 40's

I went through alot of H---- this year and some depression over being alone, kids leaving, parent ill, on and on.............. I am coming out of it.... Enjoy yourself and flaunt it while you have got it.....................
I would kill to be 40 again......... please appreciate yourself

Try and be in the now and enjoy you........................

Eat good limit alcohol STOP SMOKING IT WRINKLES YOU
Exercise every day
Yoga is really helpful for you muscles and posture
take hormones if you can and if you need them I DO
a good vitamin Check you DHEA level and take supplements if needed
Cinnamon and Rhodiola are great for energy
Stay up with things and current events
Try and keep in positive mindset.................

Hope that helps.............Oleander

Old 02-13-2007, 10:29 AM   #8
(male)

BiggerMac HB User

I'm 68 and have two stents in my heart. The wife is in her mid-fifties. I never discuss private matters in public but, trust me, there's hope for you too, little girl.

Old 02-16-2007, 04:22 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Lulubells HB UserLulubells HB User

From 40 to 50, I had the time of my life!! I think those were really the best times I ever had... By then, you know where your place in life is, you know WHO you are and have nothing to prove to anybody and can kick back and be YOU!

You will NEVER be as young as you are right now.... so enjoy IT! Ahhhh, to be 40 again!

Last edited by Lulubells; 02-16-2007 at 04:22 PM.

Old 02-20-2007, 12:56 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

desertdweller HB User

Uh HELLO Wake up call here! 40 is not old! Look at how even TV perceives the 40's as still hot.
I'm almost 42, and I'm married to a 28 year old guy that can't keep his hands off me His friends all think I'm in my 20's, and I get guys at work hitting on me all the time. I don't think of myself as old, and now that my kids are grown up I have time to pamper myself. I think back in my 20's when I never had time for myself, how I never got any sleep with little babies, yuck! Sure, I've got creaky bones now, but you can have your 20's any day!
If you are stuck in a rut, get your life going again, don't blame your age!

Old 04-03-2007, 03:34 PM   #11
(male)

coloradoguy HB User

My best sex was with a woman in her 40's. Enough said.

Old 04-03-2007, 04:43 PM   #12
Inactive
(female)

opple HB Useropple HB User

candle, I still can't believe your statement about males preserving better than females. I don't know what culture you live in but have you looked around? There are balding, pot-bellied men, with veiny legs, deeply lined faces, and weather/alcohol/cigarette-beaten skin, as well as women. And there are many people over 40, 50, and even 60 or older of both sexes that look simply great. Your gender has nothing to do with it. The idea that men age more gracefully than women is antiquated and very chauvinistic to boot.

People age and look healthy and like they care about their appearances or they don't. But anyone who bases their sex appeal on looks and age is asking for failure.

Last edited by opple; 04-03-2007 at 04:46 PM.

Old 04-06-2007, 06:12 AM   #13
(female)

lam41565 HB User

Actually I Will Be Turning 42 Next Week And I Feel Better Now Than I Did When I Was A Teenager. I Even Think I Look Better. I Exercise Regularly And Try To Eat Right Most Of The Time And I Just Feel Great! Sometimes I Even Still Get Proofed For Beer! I Stay On Top Of What Is In Fashion And Dress How I Feel. If You Feel Good, You Look Good. You Give Off A Certain Air About You. Hope You Change Your Perception Of Whats Old. You Definetely Are Not!!!!!!!

Old 04-07-2007, 10:16 AM   #14
(female)

Mak28 HB User

I am 47 years old. I don't feel very sexy at all. I spent my 20's with one and only guy and he took off after 11 years. I didn't date much in my 30's because I was working so hard on my career (only to have gotten laid off 4 months ago.)

Guys want younger women. They don't want wrinkles, hot flashes period! Find me a guy that does and I show you a guy that has mommy issues.

Old 04-07-2007, 08:21 PM   #15
(female)

Diane817 HB User

Guess mine has mommy issues then. LOL. NOT! He is 5 years older than me and I know without a doubt he does not want a woman younger than me. In fact I was the first woman he dated that was younger than him. He and I married when he was 40 and I was 35. His first, my second. He loves older women. As far as he is concerned they have it together, are sexy and know just what they want in life without whining about what they don't have. Life is what you make of it. So what, you have hot flashes and wrinkles. You can be sexy if you want to be. Stop looking as if life is over because some man wants a younger woman. He's just the wrong man is all. I am now almost 50 and have never been better physically, emotionally and spiritually. I look and feel so much younger than I am most of the time. (I do have migraines and that can slow my butt down, but I've had them since I was 13) But when I don't have a migraine, watch out. I could take on most 20 year olds and come out ahead. It's all in the attitude.. and I have it! lol
Take care and feel young.

Closed Thread