It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aging Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2007, 06:17 PM   #1
(male)

apples2007 HB User
wrinkles at 15

Hi, I am a 15 year old male. I have 2 long red wrinkle going across my forehead. I used to lift my eyebrows and make facial expressions to much. I stopped a few months ago but there has been no improvement. These wrinkles that i have arn't really that deep, but they are red and stand out.

Do wrinles usually start out red?
What can i do to get rid of or reduce there wrinkles?
Thanks.

Old 06-19-2007, 04:56 AM   #2
(female)

akazie HB User
Re: wrinkles at 15

In my experience fine lines are not red at all. There is a couple of things you could try, Regenerist UV Defense Regenerating Lotion by Olay is good and using a AHA lotion at night (only use this at night because it makes your skin more sensitive to the sun). Wear sunscreen but if you use the Olay product above, that is already covered. Eat a healthy diet, lots of vegetables and make sure you get enough of the essential oils, they are great for your skin. Drink enough water everyday to stay hydrated. Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2007, 01:47 PM   #3
(male)

apples2007 HB User

Thank you, but i've acually already tryed the lotion by olay, it didn't seem to do much. For about 5 days now i have been using cameilla oil, but it makes my forehead really greasy and get lots of pimples. Is there any not to expensive procedures i could get done? Thanks.

Old 06-24-2007, 02:37 PM   #4
(female)

akazie HB User

Have you tried a AHA cream?

I have heard of people being impressed by Rosehip oil but I haven't tried it myself.

Old 06-24-2007, 03:12 PM   #5
(male)

apples2007 HB User

no, i havent, i was thinking more like surgery.

Old 06-24-2007, 04:43 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User

My derm told me that a product take 3 months to work. If you don't see results in 3 months then the chemicals in that product does not work with your chemistry and you'll need to try another. At 15 I doubt you have actual wrinkles so they should go away.

As for surgery I doubt very seriously that any doctor will perform surgery on you because of your age. Surgery costs thousands. A dermatologist is your best bet but any derm will run you at least $80 for an office visit. If you are you are under your parents health insurance then it will just cost you the co payment. The co payment varies depending on the insurance company. Until then eat healthy, drink lots of water, stay out of the sun and wear sunscreen if you do go in the sun. There are creams that have SPF in them that are good too.

Old 06-24-2007, 05:09 PM   #7
(male)

apples2007 HB User

OK, thanks, ill keep trying the cameilla oil and possiably AHA cream. I know surgery sounds crazy, but these damn lines are really getting me down.

Old 06-24-2007, 09:32 PM   #8
(female)

principesa HB User
Post Re: wrinkles at 15

dear apples,
you don't need to stay on the camilla oil that makes you break out, there are other things that can help ...ahas and oil of olay are fine, but for wrinkles caused by scrunching up your muscles, you need a product that allows you to still make expressions but eases how tight you scrunch up the muscles and, a product that helped me is ~wrinkle viper~ by isomers (based right in canada!). and, it's a light serum that shouldn't cause breakouts. i also liked avon's anew clinical wrinkle concentrate and it's also a very light formula.

one other thing that might sound silly is, if you feel like your forehead is tensed a lot of the time, it could be from stress. if you can, set a timer for a few minutes and, sit quietly, let thoughts flow through your mind, and, meditation can benefit you in a lot of ways in general ...oh, and, this also might sound silly but, something else that can cause wrinkles around your forehead and eyes, is squinting (or like if you have your eyes cast down at a book, sometimes your eyebrows push up), so after you've been reading, look in a mirror, and... last thing, i PROMISE wrinkles start to form when the collagen in your skin starts to break down and, one big cause of collagen break down is from sun damage so, PLEASE, _EVERY DAY_ WEAR SUNBLOCK (spf 15 minimum, spf 30 to be on the safe side!) EVEN IN THE WINTER, EVEN IF IT'S CLOUDY, and make sure to apply it 20-30 minutes BEFORE you go outside otherwise it won't kick in until after you've been outside for too long ...and don't forget to reapply it if you've been sweating or swimming or after you've been out for 60-80 minutes! lol sorry, i'm a sunblock freak

well, i hope i helped some! good luck!

Old 07-05-2007, 02:46 PM   #9
(female)

jeannielea HB User

Hi Apples!!

First of all DON'T PANIC! Your skin is still going through lots of changes, and rubbing and using anything harsh on your skin is likely to cause more breakouts and redness. The "wrinkles" you are talking about are just expression lines, and the lines on your forehead are red from irritation possibly from rubbing or using harsh products.
1) STAY OUT OF THE SUN!!!! I am nearly 50 and have NO wrinkles because I never sunbathed.

2) Expression lines are a fact of life, but you can make yourself aware of the negative ones and learn to de-stress - the Japanese are rarely wrinkled because they learn not to show any emotions, unless positive ones. So relaxation exercises and meditation really help.

3) Use a light moisturising fluid for SENSITIVE skin with an SPF of at least 15 everyday. Don't waste your money on expensive anti-aging creams at the moment - you are too young. The Sun is the main cause of wrinkles - as is smoking, drinking alcohol and yo-yo dieting which stretches the skin and not getting enough water (I drink 2 or 3 pints a day at least).

4) Go to your doctor for advice and see a dermatologist about breakouts.

5) Use high SPFs on hot sunny days I use SPF30. Try to avoid the sun between 12noon and 3pm.

Remember - I'm 50, have never sunbathed, and have no wrinkles -just a few expression lines. It WORKS!! Good luck. Stay cool!

Last edited by jeannielea; 07-05-2007 at 02:51 PM.

Old 07-07-2007, 12:54 PM   #10
(male)

apples2007 HB User

so should i not use astringents to on my forehead when i clean my face? Will my lines go away one their own if i stop using harsh products, stay out of the sun, and use sunscreen when in the sun? Should i keep using the cameilla oil? Do you think it will help,?

Closed Thread