It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aging Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2007, 09:24 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

lorriem HB User
Had cataract surgery./wrinkles

I just had my cataracts removed after years of not wanting to go through the surgeries but it was a breeze. I am devastated though about all the wrinkles that I can now see clearly on my left side of my face. My right side is wrinkle free I am 62. I had noticed the wrinkles about 7 years ago but they were tiny and my dermotoligist asked me what side did I sleep on and she then said left and you was dead on right. Since then I have been using wrinkle creams every night but never expected what I saw after my eyes were done. I do not want a face left since I do have a dread of any type of surgery that is why I waited so long to get my eyes fixed. I have even used tape to use to lift my skin during the day. I am now using ROC deep wrinkle cream for 4 weeks and see no change ( that doesn't surprize me though) I try sleeping on my back but end up on my left side. I have even gotten mad at hubby saying why didn't you tell me? Poor guy. Any suggestions? I have a good figure and my weight is the same as when I was in my 20's and I exersise every day.I thought I was doing everything right.

Old 09-25-2007, 01:32 PM   #2
(female)

shala 64 HB User
Re: Had cataract surgery./wrinkles

hi
i too am 62 and had cateract op on both eyes.i have wrinkles,sun damage .i find my eyes water a lot now and irritate,so i cannot use eye colour or mascara.i know nothing will get rid of the wrinkles only face lift or botox,but i would not go down that road.i am just gratefull that i am breathing!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2007, 03:53 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User

As we speak ladies, I am in the same boat. Have seen my dusty house and wrinkles clearly. Oh and also a few more gray hairs than I thought I had. I am in search of a good moisturizer that will smooth some of the existing wrinkles out and help prevent more and a foundation that doesn't either cake up or hide in each wrinkle and make them look worse.

shala..I am a month post-op and my eyes still water. Dr. told me to use artificial tears of any brand 4 xs a day and to keep sunglases on if the glare of any light is bothering me. He said sometimes in certain people it takes a little longer to adjust to lights. Also I have only worn mascara twice. Both times i was happy to get it off and wash my eyes. I have multiple allergies and we think that's what it's from. Will have to play with mascara's to find the right one. Almay will be my next try.

Pretty soon they won't let me in the drugstore for buying and returning too many skin care products and makeup that doesn;t work.

ICC

Last edited by ICC; 09-26-2007 at 03:54 AM.

Old 09-26-2007, 09:53 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

lorriem HB User

OK here is my list of what might be helping to not cause the wrinkles to get any worse and to keep my right side wrinkle free.
night. Still Roc deep wrinkle cream, Olay total effects mature skin therpy,olay eye cream. AM Olay total effects 7 signs serum.Velva moisture film Elizabeth Arden (I have been using that for over 30 years) for under make up and I love the estee lauder re-nutriv intensive lifting makeup it does not cake into the wrinkles it is pricey but lasts a year (only use a little it goes a long way) Some times I put a primer on first after the moisture film but I don't always remember. You cannot go wrong in my opinion with any of the olay products. NOTHING WILL GET RID OF WRINKLES (a face lift only) but you can prevent them from getting worse. Now all I hae to learn is to look at people so they only see my right side of my face.lol I also wear my hair in an A line and the last time a few weeks ago I had him make a bit of the sides wispy to go over my cheeks and the rest went down past my mid neck. oh btw I even tried the tape I got from the eye doc for the eye shield and tried to tape up my skin at the hair line it looked fine untill the wind blew my hair and hubby said what is that? Oh well I tried.

Best of luck to all of us.

Old 09-26-2007, 02:56 PM   #5
(female)

shala 64 HB User

i had a cataract op on both eyes done three years ago. i was thrilled after the surgery, the clarity of eveything i saw was just wonderfull.
i now notice that although my sight is still good, my eyes do water a lot, they irritate me,and i there seems to be a sticky substance that when i rub them it comes away as a long sticky thread like matter. has anyone else had this problem??
i read somewhere that cataracts can age you,i have wrinkles on my face, but i live in a sunny climate so put that down to my age (62)and sun damage.i feel great until i look into a mirror!!i have to now grow old gracefully,and just hope my inner beauty shines out!i am just gratefull to having good health, and still breathing !

Old 09-26-2007, 03:03 PM   #6
(female)

shala 64 HB User

lorriem
years ago i had a small lump removed from my face,they told me it was caused by me useing olay cream, only it was called oil of ulay in those days,i had this done in ibiza,where that product was banned from sale.maybe that is why they changed the name?

Old 09-26-2007, 03:33 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

lorriem HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shala 64 View Post
lorriem
years ago i had a small lump removed from my face,they told me it was caused by me useing olay cream, only it was called oil of ulay in those days,i had this done in ibiza,where that product was banned from sale.maybe that is why they changed the name?
Gee that is horrible. I hae been using it for years.I must research that.

Last edited by lorriem; 09-26-2007 at 04:15 PM.

Old 09-26-2007, 03:41 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

lorriem HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shala 64 View Post
i had a cataract op on both eyes done three years ago. i was thrilled after the surgery, the clarity of eveything i saw was just wonderfull.
i now notice that although my sight is still good, my eyes do water a lot, they irritate me,and i there seems to be a sticky substance that when i rub them it comes away as a long sticky thread like matter. has anyone else had this problem??
i read somewhere that cataracts can age you,i have wrinkles on my face, but i live in a sunny climate so put that down to my age (62)and sun damage.i feel great until i look into a mirror!!i have to now grow old gracefully,and just hope my inner beauty shines out!i am just gratefull to having good health, and still breathing !
My goodness that is a long time ago that you had your surgery.Have you been back to an eye doctor. You might also have an allergy.
I also live in a sunny climate and I do know what you mean. It is so hard to stay out of the sun. I go out and play with my dogs every day and come in browner it seems even with sunscreen on. When I was growing up my mom always said go play outside it is good for you.I quess moms don't know everything.

Closed Thread