It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aging Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2008, 01:55 AM   #1
(female)

delite99 HB User
are there older women who end up alone

are there older women who end up alone

Old 02-21-2008, 04:34 PM   #2
(female)

chelynn1953 HB User
Re: are there older women who end up alone

What do you mean by older? I'm 54 and alone now. For the first time I'm living on my own, away from family. It is no fun, sometimes I feel like I'm living a nightmare. This can't be happening to me. I lost my husband 2 years ago.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2008, 09:20 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

I'm 62 and live alone..well, I have a cat. I assume you don't include pets. I've been single almost 10 years...not sure I want to change that.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:23 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

of course there are......statistics show that men die younger.....so I don't really understand your question

Old 02-23-2008, 09:57 AM   #5
(female)

pinlady HB User

Look around your town and count how many women are living alone, you will be surprised. Women can survive living alone, men cannot, they need a Mother to care for them. Its hard not having anyone around especially when you are not feeling well..make sure you have good neighbors that will check on you and help you out. In my area there are 5 women in their early 90's living alone they go out for lunch, hairdresser, etc. together. Get yourself some friends from your church etc. It seems that your really have a fear living alone...that is natural but you get use to it. Get a pet and go on bus trips you would be surprised who you will meet...

Old 03-12-2008, 10:43 AM   #6
(female)

Cloverberry52 HB User

there's a difference in being alone and being lonely. Just because you're alone doesn't mean you're lonely.

Old 03-26-2008, 08:48 PM   #7
(female)

Locket25 HB User

Strange question actually as unless we live in a vacuum we know there are women living alone surely.

Last edited by Locket25; 03-26-2008 at 08:49 PM.

Old 03-29-2008, 04:19 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB User

I am 54 and live alone............well somewhat alone.....a dog, several cats and 2 birds...for the first time in my life I am living alone. My last 2 kids left for college 1 1 /2 years ago.....have not lived with a man in years......I date but do not live with anyone.....

I went from my parents into marriage at age 18.....had 3 children over the years and 2 marriages.......both of my husbands are passed away.

Truthfully? I love being alone.......I spent the majority of my younger years trying to make marriages work and catering to men......also having children and working. I am exhausted from doing everything. Frankly? Unless I find someone who makes my life easier and happier I want nothing to do with another live in relationship. I like answering to no one. I cook what I want and come and go as I please.....sleep in when I want....stay up as late as I want. Sounds very wicked but I am just being honest.....luckily I make a good living.

I date a wonderful guy who is 10 years younger than me........I know he would like more of a relationship but I am not ready for it yet......

I really missed my kids when they left but now I am used to it. That was hard.

I travel for work and have a great group of friends......I kayak and am learning to play the guitar. I find there are plenty of men out there so if you do not want to be alone start looking....

I have several friends my age who are alone........some date and some do not...all of us agree we never dreamed in a million years we would end up alone......but I am alone by choice and happy about it for now.

I hope that helps.........Oleander

Old 04-19-2008, 10:00 AM   #9
(female)

Afterglow HB User

It helped me, Oleander! Thanks!

Closed Thread