It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aging Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2008, 11:47 PM   #1
(female)

jules17 HB User
charles bonnet syndrome

Has anyone heard of 'Charles Bonnet syndrome' or suffered from it?
It is when a person hallucinates due to some visual loss. This is real to the person and is quite scary.

Last edited by jules17; 12-01-2008 at 11:21 PM.

Old 08-09-2009, 02:54 AM   #2
(female)

Puffin Cat HB User
Re: charles bonnet syndrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules17 View Post
Has anyone heard of 'Charles Bonnet syndrome' or suffered from it?
It is when a person hallucinates due to some visual loss. This is real to the person and is quite scary.
I had that but did not know it was Charles Bonnet syndrome. I could see the hallucinations whether I closed or opened my eyes. Very scary Stopped now as on Quetapine. Hope it never comes back

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2009, 02:30 AM   #3
(female)

jules17 HB User

Hi, Could you tell me if there are any side effects from Quetapine.

Old 08-15-2009, 12:54 AM   #4
(female)

Puffin Cat HB User

Dear jules 77, The only side effect for me is a dry mouth in the morning. The side effect in my mind is that I can remember with clarity everything I said during the time I was ill. Remembering can be upsetting as one feels so stupid. It is the only thing that seems to give me back a feeling of normality after 7 years of trying other things. My Doctor let out that she would get a slap on the wrist because Quetapine costs £170 for one month's supply. This was very interesting information as it showed me that perhaps some of the other medications I had been given were much less expensive. Perhaps they try the less expensive ones first. I do not know. I pay on our health system here about £4.00.for one month's supply. Unfortunately, my health insurance is only applicable in France as I thought I would be living there and I am not in France because I am here with my children getting better. Sadly this illness puts one in difficult uneconomical situations. Each visit to the Doctor here is £37.00. Again this is trying as one is loathe to go and see the Doctor. I am not in the U.K. I am on a minute island with its own Government. Her Majesty our Queen is the Duke of Normandy here, not the Duchess.

Back to side effects. It is vital that you read about all the spossible side effects and memorise them. I take Fluxetine in the morning and Quetapine at night and at long last I am feeling less anxious and have stopped doing and saying odd things. I wish you well.

Closed Thread