It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aging Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2008, 06:59 AM   #1
(male)

Chasqui HB User
What occurs when the liver begins to shut down

What occure when the liver begins to shut down? How much time does the person normally have? I know that is a very subjective question but just to know how serious and if the person can recover who is around 86 yrs of age?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2009, 03:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: What occurs when the liver begins to shut down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasqui View Post
What occure when the liver begins to shut down? How much time does the person normally have? I know that is a very subjective question but just to know how serious and if the person can recover who is around 86 yrs of age?
I can only say what I know from personal experience. I had two cousins and a neighbor die from liver disease. In all three instances they didn't live very long after being diagnosed. It ranged from a few weeks to a few months. My two cousins were both 60 and my neighbor looked to be in his late 50s.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2009, 03:57 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User
Re: What occurs when the liver begins to shut down

When the liver starts shutting down the person starts to turn yellow (jaundiced). The liver is unable to clean the blood supply and it poisons the body. It affects the brain and the person can become confused or semi-comatose. When my husband's liver shut down, he only survived a few days. At 86, it would be very difficult to recover. God Bless

Closed Thread