It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aging Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2009, 07:38 AM   #1
(female)

Gia029 HB User
Aging too fast

I'm 33 years old and after I had my third child at 28, everything went down hill. My body was fine up until 1 year after I had my third child when I started gaining weight. I now have a hunch back...a big lump on the lower neck. i brought it up to my doctor but he had no suggested treatment for it and said that it was just the shape my body was taking on. I am now 100lbs overweight and feel like I'm past the point of no return.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2009, 12:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Flutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB User
Re: Aging too fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gia029 View Post
I'm 33 years old and after I had my third child at 28, everything went down hill. My body was fine up until 1 year after I had my third child when I started gaining weight. I now have a hunch back...a big lump on the lower neck. i brought it up to my doctor but he had no suggested treatment for it and said that it was just the shape my body was taking on. I am now 100lbs overweight and feel like I'm past the point of no return.

I understand where you are coming from. I had my 2nd baby and weight keeps piling on. I have no idea why. I have gained 25 pounds, probably more since 11 months ago. I dont know if it is hormonal or because I had a tubal, but I feel really unattractive and OLD. I made an appt with my gyn, I am hoping she will give me some insight as to whats going on.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2009, 10:49 AM   #3
(female)

klava HB User

Quote:
A big lump on the lower neck? It's called goiter. Make your doctor check your thyroid levels (TSH, FT3 and FT4) - it's just a blood test. If your thyroid is underactive, it can be the cause of the weight gain. Research "hypothyroidism" and "hyperthyroidism" on the net, their symptoms.

Old 01-15-2009, 05:17 AM   #4
(female)

Gia029 HB User

My doctor did check my thyroid levels and said they were fine although I should have them tested again. The weight gain was initially caused by taking antdeppressants and risperdal. Unhealthy choices was definately a contributing factor along with the fact that the medication increases appitite. I recently started cutting back the risperdal but I'm afraid of becoming unstable once I cut it back. I didn't sleep that well last night for the first time in years. Thanks for your input. I| appreciate any info that can be helpful.

Old 01-16-2009, 08:29 AM   #5
(female)

lani123 HB User

the best thing is to start loosing weight. Why let yourself gain that much weight. I'm thirty six and I got 5 kids people still think I loon like high. But, the only thing that bother me is the crown feet. Othe rthen that I'm fine, My tummy is fat an dI still have nice shape I weigh 107 an sI'm 5'1. The best advice is try to loose weight and take care of yourself.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:31 AM   #6
(female)

amed225 HB User

I agree with lani123. you have too lose the weight, you will be surprised at how many of your other symptons will go away. it will be amazing. document your food for a week, have your doctor look it over or a nutritionist if you can. you can probably figure it out for yourself once you see what you are actually eating. eat clean, healthy food, as close to it's natural form as possible, like fruit, veges and meat, chicken and fish. try to have a carb and a protein at each meal. and exercise, just start with a short walk, or even if you have stairs in your house go up and down them a few times a day until you have more strength to do more. as for the anti depressants if you still take them ask your doctor to switch. zoloft is well known for weight gain, tho wellbutrin and prozac arent and i'm sure each person is different. you need to find what works for you which might take a little while. and definately get the blood work redone if you still have the lump, or get a new doctor!! best of luck to you, you can do it if you put your mind to it!! amed

Old 01-27-2009, 02:52 PM   #7
(female)

Gia029 HB User

I have asked my doctor about switching from paxil to wellbutrin but he said that paxil seems to be working for me so he refused to switch meds. I also take risperidal which my dr. knew it was possible I would gain weight. He sent me to a dietician which did nothing for me that I couldn't do for myself by acessing info on the internet, the food guide etc. I guess I'm just not ready to make that lifestyle change of healthy choices. I have an addiction to coca cola and coffee and if something tastes good i eat lots of it. I have been more concience of my food choices lately and I have been thinking a lot about excercising I just have to get to doing it. I have been cutting back my risperidal intake from 1mg to half and feeling relatively fine doing so. Thank you for responding to my post. I hope you are doing good today.

Old 01-27-2009, 03:11 PM   #8
(female)

amed225 HB User

well gia029, i think you know the answer it's just getting your mind to work with you! the mind is a powerful thing and once you decide it is time to lose weight you will. you don't have to give everything you like up, just have a little and if you can't do that say to yourself okay if i still want it in 15 minutes i'll eat it. most likely you won't want it then. and quit thinking about exercising and just do it (nike - ha). just little things to start, you will be amazed at how much better you will feel and also how many of your symptoms will seem to disappear as you lose weight. you can do it!! amed

Old 01-27-2009, 04:14 PM   #9
(female)

Gia029 HB User

Amed, thanks for the encouragement. I have been cutting sugar out of my diet for the last two weeks, not completely but the three sugar I used to have in my many coffees!!!
I felt kinda down this morning, jittery this afternoon however happy if that makes sense. Mabe too many cigarettes and coffee or could be the risperidal cut back. I've been waking up far too early in the morning lately. How have you been feeling?

Old 01-28-2009, 11:05 AM   #10
(female)

amed225 HB User

i've been really tired and don't feel like doing anything, so i took two days off work. may be a touch of the flu since the nursing home my mom is in are all sick with it. i do feel better today and know that tomorrow will be better than today so i will go to work and get back in the groove. once you get going on a clean diet maybe you should consider not smoking. that will have a HUGE impact on how you feel. i know that is another big obstacle to conquer but you can do it once you make up your mind. as we age we have to change the things we do to feel good. smoking, drinking, bad diet and not enough sleep are things we can't do like when in our 20's. bummer, eh?? ha. hope you keep feeling better each day,amed

Old 01-28-2009, 11:35 AM   #11
(female)

Gia029 HB User

I'm sorry to hear you arn't feeling well. I hope you feel better soon. There are a lot of bugs going around. I'm am going to conquer 1 obsticle at a time. I have to work on getting my weight down before I consider quiting smoking. My mom and dad quit smoking and my mom put on 20 lbs. I can't afford to do that. Not at the weight I am at. The risperdal cutback seems to be going well so far. It takes about three months to totally come out of my system, and I'm just at the stage of cutting back. My dr. appointment was cancelled today as the dr was sick. I called in to work last night. I could have went in but I chose to stay home and cook a good lasagne for my family. How long has your mom been in a nursing home? My grandmother has pulmonary fibrosis but is still doing pretty good. She has homecare and I can't beleive the motivation she has. She's still quite young and has oxygen in the house. We're having a snow storn here today so it's a good day to stay indoors. Looking forward to spring. take care.
Gia

Old 05-12-2011, 12:11 AM   #12
Inactive
(female)

spauno HB User

Quote:
It can be possible if you do not take proper care of yourself. You should have a proper diet plan, Practice Yoga or exercises daily, avoid oily food. All this can help you to reduce the weight.

Old 05-18-2011, 11:48 PM   #13
Inactive
(female)

spauno HB User

Aging is a natural process, but to reduce the signs of aging it is necessary to have a proper care of skin. Drink lots of water and perform yoga daily will surely help to reduce the aging signs.

Old 05-23-2011, 11:19 PM   #14
(male)

Johnclave HB User

If you want to control your aging then you must has to be start regular workout in this kind of things that would use yoga.......

Old 05-23-2011, 11:41 PM   #15
Inactive
(female)

spauno HB User

To lose the weight yoga is the best method. You can try it and it will surely gives you the good results.

Closed Thread