It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aging Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2009, 12:06 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

negot HB Usernegot HB User
Turkey neck

Is there anything you can do about the extra skin (turkey neck) except for having surgery?

Old 06-07-2009, 09:36 AM   #2
(female)

andrepp HB User
Re: Turkey neck

I used to have a little bit of turkey neck, more like wrinkles with a little extra loose skin. I used Janson Beckett Alpha Derma CE with amazing results. The lines have mostly disappeared and the loose skin has tightened up. I use it primarily for my face with equally amazing results. I don't think it would help if the extra skin you have is real bad. In that case I believe surgery is the only solution. Otherwise if it's just a bit of loose skin I recommend trying this Alpha Derma CE. It has saved my skin.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2009, 11:34 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rheanna HB Userrheanna HB User

negot,

I have been told by certified sports trainers and by a certified massage therapist (both of whom have studied human anatomy) that there are no exercises that will tighten up that loose skin -- because it's just hanging skin, not muscle. Why did I ask them? Because I wanted to know exactly what you're asking! Sigh. I just accept what I see in the mirror, because I'm not willing to subject myself to an operation. Sigh again.

--Rheanna

Old 06-14-2009, 10:43 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

negot HB Usernegot HB User

Rheanna, that is disappointing to hear. I don't want to subject myself to surgery either, but this neck thing really bothers me. What about the facial and neck exercises that I've read about? When I tighten up my neck muscles, the lose skin isn't lose any more, but as soon as I relax my muscles it shows up. If the muscles would be tight all the time, wouldn't the lose skin follow the muscle? I have a hard time accepting my neck the way it is and have gotten self conscious about turning my neck because the turkey neck is very visible then.

Old 01-06-2010, 02:46 AM   #5
(female)

JulietteKlonk HB User

Well the post is very informative.Thanks

Old 01-07-2010, 09:43 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

dorri HB Userdorri HB Userdorri HB Userdorri HB Userdorri HB User

Posture, posture, posture. When one hunches over the loose skin on the neck and chin is emphazied so any turkey neck or turkey cords as some call them look even worse.

Actually there are some exercises online that address this problem. You may want to do a search on them.

Here's a simple excercise that is said to help diminish some of the loose skin on the neck. Stand straight, put the fingertips of both hands on your collarbone and pull down. Now with teeth placed together lightly, bring head back and hold for 3. Repeat 10xs.

I advise anyone with neck or jaw problems to go easy on this or any neck exercise, or don't do it at all. Better a turkey neck then having to wear a neck brace.

Last edited by dorri; 01-07-2010 at 09:49 PM.

Closed Thread