It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aging Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2009, 08:41 AM   #1
(female)

timmse HB User
wrinkled skin on arms

how do I get rid of wrinkled skin on arms?

Old 06-07-2009, 09:28 AM   #2
(female)

andrepp HB User
Re: wrinkled skin on arms

Use a heavy duty moisturizer such as Cetaphil cream.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2009, 06:12 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

thisworld HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrepp View Post
Use a heavy duty moisturizer such as Cetaphil cream.
how can a cream get rid of wrinkles. is it a miracle cream. has it done it for you. haha if so I will buy a case. disney world

The Following User Says Thank You to thisworld For This Useful Post:
dusky blue (03-18-2012)
Old 08-10-2009, 08:15 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

cathy1 HB Usercathy1 HB User

I got those all of a sudden too. I'm 52. I have old crinkly skin around where my elbow bends on the inside. I would think that exercise to tighten the arms would be the only way to go.

Old 09-09-2009, 02:16 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

starryGal09 HB UserstarryGal09 HB UserstarryGal09 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathy1 View Post
I got those all of a sudden too. I'm 52. I have old crinkly skin around where my elbow bends on the inside. I would think that exercise to tighten the arms would be the only way to go.
Yep, Im a crinkle too. I use an organic body lotion right after showering and it helps for awhile. I also use alpha or beta hydroxy products and stay out of sun.

But I think it's just. part. and. parcel. of...omg, I don't want to say it... getting older. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The Following User Says Thank You to starryGal09 For This Useful Post:
dusky blue (03-18-2012)
Old 09-10-2009, 10:27 AM   #6
(female)

cjwhitehead HB User

I am 59 and also have noticed my upper arms have gone very old and wrinkly also I have lost a lot of weight recently so its a combination of weight loss and old age any ideas for a quick fix any good creams lotions anyone knows about - thanks

Old 09-12-2009, 12:55 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

amyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB User

Cathy1 is correct. The only thing -- short of surgery -- to correct this is using the weight machines at your local gym. This I know, because I also had the same problem after I lost over 40 lbs. a few years ago. Since then, I look better than I did at least 15 years ago. (I am now 55).

And NO, there is no lotion or magic potion/pill that will cure this! I certainly wish there were though.

Old 10-16-2009, 04:29 PM   #8
(female)

FitRunner HB User

Well, I am 52 and have pretty well developed arm muscles from years of working out and I still have noticed the beginning of the crinkly arm skin. I don't think there is anything you can do to avoid it... it's a natural process of aging.

Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize.... this will help, but it isn't going to make it go away.

Old 03-29-2010, 05:33 PM   #9
(female)

napleslynn HB User

Hi Everyone,

New to the board and can totally relate. Between the aging process (older than most), years spent in the sun as much as possible, inactivity of the upper arms due to cervical issues and finally a large weight loss, my upper arms are disgusting. I continue to use collagen firming creams especially with marine botanicals but I know I am whistling in the wind. I have given in to common sense and wear sleeves long enough to cover them up. Not a cure but makes me feel better about it. I know it is not going to visibly improve.

Lynn

Last edited by napleslynn; 03-29-2010 at 05:34 PM.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:33 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

starryGal09 HB UserstarryGal09 HB UserstarryGal09 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by napleslynn View Post
Hi Everyone,

New to the board and can totally relate. Between the aging process (older than most), years spent in the sun as much as possible, inactivity of the upper arms due to cervical issues and finally a large weight loss, my upper arms are disgusting. I continue to use collagen firming creams especially with marine botanicals but I know I am whistling in the wind. I have given in to common sense and wear sleeves long enough to cover them up. Not a cure but makes me feel better about it. I know it is not going to visibly improve.

Lynn
There is an exercise that TOP celebrity physical trainer makes one woman do hundreds of: arms extended out shoulder level. Hands open. Turn thumbs down, then circle and turn thumbs up. Ok. Can do 10. Will build up to 100 as soon as I can.
My hopes are that if the muscle is somewhat still secured to the skin it wont be as wobbly. Now for that crepey skin...

Last edited by starryGal09; 03-30-2010 at 06:34 AM.

Old 06-28-2010, 11:51 PM   #11
(female)

moonlight58 HB User

Hi, also new to the board with same horrid problem, 51, great body but wrinkly arms aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh, after reading all the write ups it does not sound a promising future for these arms of mine!!

Old 07-02-2010, 02:39 AM   #12
(female)

Locket25 HB User

Thank God we have our arms. Such special things to have.
Anyone with no arms or only one arm would not complain
if they could just have two good working ones again.
We can be miserable or realise it is part of living
and embrace every stage of our lives and be glad we are here to enjoy it. who cares as long as we wake up every day and have all our bits
Sure I have a Vibration Platform and take Resveratrol and MSM Powder
and Vitamins reaching from one length of the table to the other and
lift a few weights and drink a lot of milk and water but love every day and every hour and every minute and every second as we never see tham again once gone.
All the best
Locket......

Old 07-18-2010, 05:12 PM   #13
(female)

LADY DIANE HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryGal09 View Post
There is an exercise that TOP celebrity physical trainer makes one woman do hundreds of: arms extended out shoulder level. Hands open. Turn thumbs down, then circle and turn thumbs up. Ok. Can do 10. Will build up to 100 as soon as I can.
My hopes are that if the muscle is somewhat still secured to the skin it wont be as wobbly. Now for that crepey skin...
Well I have the same problem. Am doing weights and physio after arm surgery.Will add this exercise to my others. My muscle is coming back(DID U KNOW THAT MUSCLE HAS A MEMORY AND WHEN YOU LOSE IT AND START EXERCISING, IT COMES BACK. That's if we're not to old to see it. In March before my surgery my skin hung when raising my arms. It has tightened up alot and I now wear short sleeves. The wrinkles are still there but not as noticeable, thanks to the weight lifting. My arms were perfect in 2008 ,then I had this injury and it took 1 1/2 years for the Docs to find out my problem. By then alot of damage occured in the rotor cup and ligaments.I hardly used my hands or shoulders for all that time .That's when I lost the muscle and this creeeeeepy skin. But it is crepey, like it has no fluid. I drink lots of water. Maybe it is old age. You made me laugh so hard I nearly wet myself. Keep up the good humor. I am still giggling all thru this letter to u. Thanks for the laugh, Di

Old 08-05-2010, 09:44 AM   #14
Veteran
(female)

amyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB User

Quote:
Have been doing this particular exercise for about a week now (in lieu of lifting weights) and I now have man arms with muscles that I can "Make move". Additionally, when doing this, try and make sure that you are also using your abs.

Old 09-03-2010, 05:28 PM   #15
(male)

bobkerry HB User

hey try to take proper medication in order to solve your problem. one thing which i would like to mention is to amke sure that you are taking right medicine because wrong medicine can affect you alot...

Reply Reply