It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aging Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2010, 09:55 PM   #1
(female)

circadia HB User
Laser resurfacing

Has anyone had this done? I'm wondering how painful it is, how pleasing the results are and how expensive it is. Whatever anyone wants to share, I'm interested in hearing about your experiences.

I'm in my early 40s and I quit smoking last year. I don't look prematurely aged (in fact people usually think I'm younger than I am), but I know cigarette smoking contributes to collagen breakdown and I've read that laser treatment can promote collagen regrowth. So I thought this might be a good thing to look into to.

I've seen some before and after pictures so I wouldn't be expecting anything dramatic. I've got some spots and fine lines and big pores, though, so anything that can help my overall appearance would be nice. I really want to treat myself to something for giving up the cigarettes

Old 04-26-2010, 09:30 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: Laser resurfacing

Laser treatment promotes collagen regrowth? I kind of doubt it. Maybe the treatment causes puffiness and that is interpreted as collagen regrowth. Even if it's true, how long would it last?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2010, 05:12 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Backinthesaddle HB User
Re: Laser resurfacing

I just had a Venus laser a week ago. I had deep lines on my forehead and around my eyes. I am 46 and never smoked so I guess it is heredity and sun. I do see a more smooth appearance and the lines are not as deep. I am going to have another one in a few weeks. I am not sure the cost as several years ago I paid for lipo selection from the same anti aging doctor and decided I would rather do my face and live with the muffin top. So for $4k I have so far had two Gemini treatments (these are supposed to get the collagen working and plump up the skin) I did not see anything off of those. I didn't even want them but she insisted before the laser we do it.

My doctor was very gentle and went deep but my skin could have gone deeper. Just make sure you use someone who is proficient with a laser. The pain was bearable. She first put on a numbing cream. It felt like tiny ant bites or even like someone is snapping a rubber band on your skin. I was very read for the first two days then still red and peely looking. Makeup would not stay on right and I just didn't bother going anywhere for about 5 days. I am now one full week post and am ready for another round, but have to wait 6 weeks.

I think if your likes are mild it will work awesome. If they are deeper like mine it will take more treatments. She also suggested doing botox for about a year to get the muscles around the eyes completely relaxed and that it will also make the results look great. That is about $400 for the eyes and forehead. I may do that too.

I am vein and do not want to look like my mom did as she aged. She was very sexy and beautiful and in her 50's her skin started sagging. She still looked great into her 70's but now in her 80's she has emphysema and is showing her age. I know you say 80? of course you age. And I know you do. I just do not want to look 60 when I am 50. I always looked very young for my age and t hen about 3 years ago I got Fibro and Chronic Pain Syndrome and all the pain really has caused me to look older.

My vote is go for it! Just my thoughts.

Closed Thread