It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aging Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2010, 10:44 AM   #1
(male)

oldman76 HB User
Terrible Odor

I am a 76 year old male and recently found I had a strange odor from my crotch. No rash or anything visible. I bath daily and never had this odor. Can an odor come through the skin from inside the body? After washing and using some bath powder its ok but reoccurs by evening again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2010, 09:07 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: Terrible Odor

Try using "wet wipes" after urinating and pooping. It may be that you are not removing all moisture and residue. If this is the case, you will smell later in the day.

If you are overweight, it could be moisture in creases causing the odor due to bacteria or fungus. Use wet wipes during the day and also Zea-Zorb powder. Hair dryer works well drying creases.

You may have strong urine causing the odor due to a urinary tract infection or prostate problems. Be sure and blot well, one square of toilet paper is not enough.

Last edited by Misty800; 05-03-2010 at 09:09 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2010, 11:31 AM   #3
(male)

oldman76 HB User

I would exclude most of what you suggest except the urinary or prostate issue. Does this occur because they penetrate the body through the skin? I don't have any reason to think I have a urinary infection since no symptoms, same with prostate and my psa was normal when checked in March. I do have a low Ferritin number at 8 but other iron looks ok.

Old 06-26-2010, 03:00 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

orion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB User

I suggest you start taking a multivitamin and at least 1000mg of calcium that is combined with vitamin d and magnesium. Calcium is known to reduce body odor after a few weeks of use.

Old 06-26-2010, 06:49 PM   #5
(female)

teAlexis HB User

There's one other possibility. The chemicals in foods pass through and are excreted through the pores. I can smell the chemicals the day after I eat something. I recognize the smell.

Old 08-21-2010, 10:28 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

surferdude26 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by teAlexis View Post
There's one other possibility. The chemicals in foods pass through and are excreted through the pores. I can smell the chemicals the day after I eat something. I recognize the smell.
Hi TexAlexus,
Surferdude26 here. I read your post, through the Health Boards about your body odor, possibly coming through your pores! Have you narrowed out, certain possibilities, ie. Colon cleansing, taking probiotics, doing enema's, etc, etc? Also, when did you notice you started having a body odor and what kind of a smell is it? Lastly, have you told your doctor about the problem and if so, has he or she, gotten you on anything that has helped improve your situation? I find alot of people who've got body odors problems withing the skin of their bodies, have a harder time, getting rid of the body odor, if it lies underneath the skin!! I know for myself, since I have had what's called Fecal Body Odor for 4 years now and no amount of showering with soap, or body oils, eliminates my problem!! It's kinda frustrating!!!! Anyhow, I'd love to hear back from you. I hope to hear from you soon. Take care. God bless you. Bye for now.

Old 08-22-2010, 10:17 AM   #7
(male)

oldman76 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferdude26 View Post
Hi TexAlexus,
Surferdude26 here. I read your post, through the Health Boards about your body odor, possibly coming through your pores! Have you narrowed out, certain possibilities, ie. Colon cleansing, taking probiotics, doing enema's, etc, etc? Also, when did you notice you started having a body odor and what kind of a smell is it? Lastly, have you told your doctor about the problem and if so, has he or she, gotten you on anything that has helped improve your situation? I find alot of people who've got body odors problems withing the skin of their bodies, have a harder time, getting rid of the body odor, if it lies underneath the skin!! I know for myself, since I have had what's called Fecal Body Odor for 4 years now and no amount of showering with soap, or body oils, eliminates my problem!! It's kinda frustrating!!!! Anyhow, I'd love to hear back from you. I hope to hear from you soon. Take care. God bless you. Bye for now.
no long an issue and its gone. I have no reason why. I use some gold bond powder in my crotch after showering.

Old 09-03-2010, 06:32 PM   #8
(male)

bobkerry HB User

this might happen due to weather.....try to use better spray or if the problem is really severe then do consult teh doctor in order to solve this issue..i am sure your problem can be then solved

Old 09-19-2010, 04:29 PM   #9
(male)

vince10 HB User

When you shower, use baking soda on the area after you washed it with soap. Let it sit on there while you wash the rest of your body. Rinse the baking soda off last. You'd be surprised on how well it works

Closed Thread