It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aging Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2011, 02:18 PM   #1
(female)

Deaanna HB User
Question Only this year is when I have noticed everything changing.

Wow, do you know what I would give to be 43. My birthday is next month and I will be 60. I just can't believe it. Only this year is when I have noticed everything changing. But I'm not going down without a fight. So far, I take no medications. So please, enjoy those forties. It's seems that the fifties is when things really start to happen.

Old 01-23-2011, 04:57 PM   #2
(female)

Fibrobugsme HB UserFibrobugsme HB User
Re: Only this year is when I have noticed everything changing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaanna View Post
Wow, do you know what I would give to be 43. My birthday is next month and I will be 60. I just can't believe it. Only this year is when I have noticed everything changing. But I'm not going down without a fight. So far, I take no medications. So please, enjoy those forties. It's seems that the fifties is when things really start to happen.
Hi Deaanna,

I'm right behind you!! I'll be 60 in April. I think it's a little comical really. When did this happen?? LOL!!! I tried to explain aging when I was in my early 40's to someone who was 19. I said you're in your early 20s and you go to bed one night. It seems like you wake up in the morning and you're in your 40's wondering where all the time went. I still enjoy the same things I enjoyed when I was younger. I don't see that much difference in me from when I was younger. I'm much more liberal in my thinking now...things aren't so clearly black or white now. I guess experience has taught me a lot but they've been good lessons. It's been a good journey over all. Health wise I've had issues. For the last nearly 20 years I've had some autoimmune situations going on and no one can seem to put a finger on what it is. Since I test negative to most autoimmune diseases they tend to overlook and go with what stands out. I have a really good Rheumatologist now and hopefully he will have a diagnosis for me soon so I can finally begin treatment. I just want to feel better and be able to do the things I enjoy again. Over all I'm holding up pretty well. No wrinkles....yet. My mom is 81 and she doesn't have any either so maybe I won't get them.
Take care,
sharon

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2011, 05:21 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User

I also hit 60...in August. But 59 was a barrier I needed to make as my mom died of cancer at 58(actually 58 years, 6 months and 6 days). My next hurdle is 62...age my dad died(alcoholism).

Earlier this month my daughter turned 35 and I had to ask myself...how did I get old enough to have a 35 year old kid? I thought I was 35? Somehow I think dementia is the best part of old age...we can happily fool oursleves!

Here's to grandchildren!

hugs..........Jenny

Old 01-23-2011, 05:27 PM   #4
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennybyc View Post
I also hit 60...in August. But 59 was a barrier I needed to make as my mom died of cancer at 58(actually 58 years, 6 months and 6 days). My next hurdle is 62...age my dad died(alcoholism).

Earlier this month my daughter turned 35 and I had to ask myself...how did I get old enough to have a 35 year old kid? I thought I was 35? Somehow I think dementia is the best part of old age...we can happily fool oursleves!

Here's to grandchildren!

hugs..........Jenny
Hey Jenny!!
Good to hear from you. How are you doing? How's that weather treating you?? Maybe this next storm will bring you rain and not snow. I think it's supposed to be rain for us.

You seem to be taking the aging thing about the same as me. I have to keep reminding myself of my age and then I sit like a fool and laugh about it. I still don't get how it happened. I guess in the end it's just a number. Of course there are days my body feels like 159 instead of 59 but mentally I still feel like what we used to call a "teenybopper". There's a little droop in my bop these days but...all in all it's not that bad. I haven't hit those milestones like you have. My mother is still with me and I'm so glad for that. My dad passed at the age of 69 so I have a ways to go for that one.

Take good care Jenny,
Sharon

Old 01-25-2011, 04:02 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User

Hey Sharon...we have another foot of snow coming tonight, more on Friday night, more on Monday and more on Wednesday and Friday of next week.

I GIVE UP!

This winter is one for the record books and one I hope to never see again.....for as long as live, however long that is!!!!!

Aging......nothing you can do about it so why worry....right?

hugs...........Jen

Old 01-25-2011, 04:39 PM   #6
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennybyc View Post
Hey Sharon...we have another foot of snow coming tonight, more on Friday night, more on Monday and more on Wednesday and Friday of next week.

I GIVE UP!

This winter is one for the record books and one I hope to never see again.....for as long as live, however long that is!!!!!

Aging......nothing you can do about it so why worry....right?

hugs...........Jen
Oh Jenny...another foot?? HOLY COW!! We are supposed to get around 5" I guess. That's what they're saying now anyway. A lot of it will be rain and sleet which will keep the totals down but make it horrible to drive on. Maybe February will come along and bring a change in the weather pattern....ya think?? I want to go to Providence on the 4th and my fingers are crossed up to my throat that the weather will be decent. I don't care about the cold so much as I just don't want snow.

You're right. There is little you can do about getting older. It happens. Each phase of life has been interesting so far...this isn't so bad either.

Stay warm ok?
sharon

Old 04-02-2011, 11:25 PM   #7
(female)

Suzanne44 HB UserSuzanne44 HB User

Wow! That's wonderful that you take no medications. I wish I could say that but I take several and although I don't like some of the side effects (tiredness) I am countering that side effect by trying to keep as active as possible and getting in some form of exercise 3-4 times per week.

So nice for you that you are medication free! Good luck staying that way!

Last edited by Suzanne44; 04-02-2011 at 11:26 PM.

Reply Reply