It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aging Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2011, 08:52 AM   #1
(female)

shelbyleann2012 HB User
Early aging due to chronic pain?

Hi, my name is Shelby. I'm 17, in high school and have had chronic back/rib pain for the past 3 years. However, that is not what this is about. I am worried that if my pain doesn't get better in the , I will start to develop wrinkles on my forehead and between my eyebrows where i tense up when hurting. I really want to prevent this, so that i dont look alot older than I am in the future. Does anyone know if i can develop wrinkles in my teens & early 20s, and if so, what do i do to make supress it?
Thanks in advance, Shelby.

Ohh, sorry if i posted this on the wrong board. This was the most fitting one i could find.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2011, 06:38 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

sunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB User
Re: Early aging due to chronic pain?

Yes pain can really make our lives awful. You are very young to worry about wrinkles however,your smart in worrying. Habits of wrinkling our foreheads or squinting will bring on wrinkles eventually so try and use a good moisture cream now. Mymom used to useplain old egg whites at night on her face where she has the lines between her eyes. It drys and prevents you from frowning when your asleep.
Hope you can get somepain relief for your problems..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2011, 09:00 AM   #3
(female)

Rinahz HB User

Hi Shelby, the first thing you need to take care of is the pains in your body. As soon as you eliminate these, things will get easier on you.

My suggestion is to pick up some Vitamine E cream from your local drug store.
There have been various studies that vitamine E does infact reduce the appearance of aging. (Don't be shy to look it up!). Also exercise helps!

Having a good diet of vitamine E foods is helpful too. I would also look into Cocoa Butter
at the same time.

I use both these products and they are miracle workers for me. The Cocoa butter has rid of my streach marks, and the vitamine E keeps my face nice and smooth.

Best of luck!

Old 04-28-2011, 12:23 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

spauno HB User

I just want to say you that don't apply any anti aging product at this early stage. It can be harmful for your skin. Just drink lots of water and practice Yoga and exercises daily. This will surely help you to solve your problem.

Old 04-30-2011, 11:14 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

Foods that contain saturated fat will help to make the cells of your body stiff and less flexible. Good fats like the fat contained in olive oil will help to keep the cells of your body soft and flexible. But extra virgin olive oil should not be heated. Use olive oil and lemon juice as a dressing on your daily salad.

Water was already mentioned. The cells of your body contain a lot of water and that includes your skin cells. If you don't drink enough water, your skin will reflect this deficiency.

A healthy diet consisting of natural whole foods will give you a better chance to be healthy. And if you are healthy, it's likely that your skin will be healthy too.

Some foods to concentrate on: Non-sweet fruit like grapefruit, blueberries, apples, avocado and tomato. Non-starchy vegetables like brocolli, asperigus, cauliflower and brussels sprouts. Whole grains like oatmeal, rice and barley but limited to only one serving per meal. Legumes are great for protein and fiber. Avoid animal protein, especially if it's high in fat.

Don't smoke, drink alcohol or put your face in the sun. You can sun yourself briefly every day to get vitamin D but keep your face covered.

If you practice the above diet, you will likely maintain a good pH balance and that is essential for a healthy body, which includes your skin.

Last edited by JohnR41; 04-30-2011 at 11:15 AM. Reason: word change

Old 04-30-2012, 07:00 PM   #6
(female)

imgreat HB User

Hi Shelby,

You're young and worrying too much about aging will only stressed you out and fine lines would start to appear in your mid or late 20s.

The first thing you have to do is to address your current rib pain. If its acute or running on for months or even years, you may want to consult to a healthcare provider.

If you're scared to have wrinkles and age early, wash your face daily. Eat a healthy diet and take in some vitamin E.

Best of luck!

Old 11-03-2013, 09:54 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

Hi I had bad rib pain a while back from taking cidpro plus I have fibro I went to my pain mgt dr he injected cortisone in the ribs hhu just a little no where near what I was sufferring and it worked it went away.

If you find a pain dr that needs to talkto mine pm me. Cathy

Reply Reply