It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aging Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2011, 06:23 AM   #1
(female)

Zara Mari HB User
Is COFFEE good or bad for the skin?

Skin is where aging can be seen easily so we take good care of it as much as possible.

A lot of information have been posted on the net about coffee and I'm getting confused everytime I read articles saying that it helps the skin become firmer or otherwise. Can anyone testify the real effect of coffee on our skin? What are your proofs or any readings?

Thanks.

Old 05-18-2011, 06:30 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Is COFFEE good or bad for the skin?

Personally I don't think too much Caffeine be it Tea or Coffee is good for you.
I limit myself to Three cups of Tea per day, I don't like Coffee. The rest of the day I drink Herbal Tea or water. As for the effect on the skin I really cant say. I wonder what the Skin Cosmetic Co would have to say! Solofelix.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2011, 08:45 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

I am close to 70, and I drink from three to four pots of decaf coffee per day. It's a four cup Mr. Coffee, so I guess I drink about 12 to 16 cups per day.

I haven't noticed any effect on my skin. However..... I do use a daily skin moisturizer.

So, with that little tidbit of information..... I think that I will pour myself another cup of coffee!

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Old 07-14-2011, 10:59 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zara Mari View Post
A lot of information have been posted on the net about coffee and I'm getting confused everytime I read articles saying that it helps the skin become firmer or otherwise. Can anyone testify the real effect of coffee on our skin? What are your proofs or any readings?
You can't separate your skin from the rest of your body. What's generally good for your body is good for your skin and vice versa. Smoking, excessive drinking and junk food in general is bad for your health and therefore bad for your skin.

So, what about coffee? Coffee is extremely high in acid and therefore harmful to your pH balance. Read the following book: "The pH Miracle".
There's your proof.

Old 07-14-2011, 12:53 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

There are articles that coffee is good for the skin and articles that coffee is bad for the skin. You'll find so-called "experts" who claim that they are the ultimate authority on every issue.

I am close to 70 and I LOVE my 12+ cups of black coffee per day. It is a delightful beverage and treat. Plus...... I don't have to worry about the calories or the fat content.

Hmmmm!? I just talked myself into making another pot of java! Excuse me whilst I indulge myself some more!

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Last edited by Machaon; 07-14-2011 at 12:53 PM.

Old 08-07-2011, 08:14 PM   #6
(male)

kenzy4real HB User

Well in my opinion i don't think caffeine which is the main constituent of coffee is not good to the health in any way.

Last edited by kenzy4real; 08-07-2011 at 08:19 PM.

Old 08-08-2011, 08:26 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zara Mari View Post
Can anyone testify the real effect of coffee on our skin? What are your proofs or any readings?
Who would know more about skin care than a dermatologist? There's a book by a dermatologist: "The Perricone Prescription" by Nicholas Perricone, M.D..
He says it's important that you not drink ANY coffee. If you do drink coffee, your cortisol and insulin levels will rise, and that speeds up the aging process.

The only "good" thing I ever heard about coffee is that it has a lot of antioxidants. The same could be said of fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts and seeds. These foods represent the healthy way to get your antioxidants.

Last edited by JohnR41; 08-08-2011 at 08:28 AM. Reason: word change

Old 08-08-2011, 09:41 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Whether its good for the skin or not I really don't know but personally I don't find it a pleasant drink at all, I never touch it and my skin is good for 60+ yrs.
I drink just two cups of ordinary tea per day and the rest just water and a couple of cups of herbal tea.
Solofelix.

Old 08-08-2011, 11:47 AM   #9
(male)

ClearSkinRomy HB UserClearSkinRomy HB UserClearSkinRomy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shil2384 View Post

Verdict= coffee is fine in small doses and as long as you are drinking plenty of other non caffeinated drinks.

!
I think that too, one cup of coffee per day is not so bad. but NOT 12 cups of coffee like someone said in this thread. Sheeesh... talk about being addicted to coffee...

And from what I know,, it is not the caffeine that is bad, but the other substances in the coffee that makes your skin look bad...

After all.. green tea has caffeine as well... and everyone says to drink green tea because it is so good for your health.

Closed Thread