It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aging Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2011, 08:36 PM   #1
(male)

Cantwit HB User
MRI of the Brain-don't understand, father getting much weaker

Is anyone able to tell me what this means:
History:
Progressive Gait disturbance

TEchnique:
Sagittal T1, FSE PD/T2 axial, DWI axial. General Electric HDx 8 Channel 1.5 Tesla MR Unit.

There is a 5.8cm mass centered only the right frontal bone with soft tissue component extending to the subcutaneous region and moderately compressing the right frontal lobe extra-axially. This lesion has some hyperintensity on T1-weighted imaging may represent intralesional hemorrhage rather than intralesional fat. In addition, there is a second left occipital cranial mass measuing 3.4 cm. there is questionable mild enlargement of medullary space of skull.

There is moderate diffuse cerebral atrophy. There is moderate to severe diffuse hyperintense changes in the periventricular white matter on T2 and flair imaging of the centrum semiovale and corona radiata. Moderate increased flair signal is also visualized in the mid region of the pons slightly worse on the right with mild extension into cerebral peduncles.

There is a 1 cm flair hypointense area in the left corona likely representing a small lacunar infarct. Two other lacunes are also visualized in the thalami. There is no definite evidence of suspicious intraparenchymal mass. No evidence of acute stroke is identified in diffusion weighted imaging.

Impression:
Right Frontal and left occipital skull masses are nonspecific and could be neoplastic. Possible expansion of skull marrow cavity could be related to PAget's. Correlation with bone scan and CT scan of the skull/head is recommended. tissue sampling may be obtained as clinical indicated.

Moderate diffuse cerebral atrophy with extensive nonspecific white matter signal abnormalities as detailed above may be related to extensive microangiopathic changes

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2011, 03:32 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: MRI of the Brain-don't understand, father getting much weaker

To me it sounds like nothing definite. It seems like the doctor is speculating that there may be a benign tumor and the possible expansion of skull bone. And, therefore, I assume that moderate compression of the brain may be the cause of "progressive gait disturbance". Would that be a reasonable conclusion?

Old 12-04-2011, 10:16 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

mchavers1 HB Usermchavers1 HB User
Re: MRI of the Brain-don't understand, father getting much weaker

I'm not a physician, but I do some research. I've found out that many Mental Neurological Disorders and Diseases humans face have an interesting relationship with glutathione. Have you heard of this glutathione? and if so what did you find?

I found out the when the disease or disorder is present, glutathione (GSH) and other elements are below normal levels. Some of these others are either synergistic with glutathione or they are cofactors of glutathione.

Last edited by mchavers1; 12-04-2011 at 10:19 PM.

Closed Thread