It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aging Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2011, 07:12 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

dorri HB Userdorri HB Userdorri HB Userdorri HB Userdorri HB User
Oh, what happened to my beautiful peepers?

First of all let me tell you how grateful I am to be able to see. I am grateful for my eyes. I've had a few problems with my eyes so it makes me all the more appreciative. This post is looking from a slightly different view seeing my eyes in a photograph. Lately when I have a picture taken, I can't relate to my eyes. I look so different. Is that me? I use to have big eyes, now, they look tired, sunken and small. The camera only emphasizes the sunken areas, and the circles make them look even worse. If I hold them in a startled look, it's a little improvement but I can't keep them this way, it's too tiring? I almost feel like the surrounding muscles are too weak to hold them wide open like I use to. I know I'm not alone, I see many older folk who have lost that wide eyed look. I have to wonder if there is anything we can do to improve on the open look. Has anyone achieved improvement for theirs?

The following user gives a hug of support to dorri:
phsboro (01-23-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2011, 04:51 PM   #2
(female)

Jada62 HB UserJada62 HB User
Re: Oh, what happened to my beautiful peepers?

i find this also to be true.. it is like my eyes are sinking into my head..my goodness i am 68 not 98 !!!! but my eyes look it..i am Italian and use to have big big dark eyes, long eyelashes, not so anymore.my pictures are worse than in person but both are nothing to brag about.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2011, 06:15 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

dorri HB Userdorri HB Userdorri HB Userdorri HB Userdorri HB User
Re: Oh, what happened to my beautiful peepers?

All I can say is I understand. I wonder if the lashline was more prominent before, my eyes shape is almost invisible now. but before, it use to bring the look of the eyes out. My eyelashes have thinned as well. They use to be so long they would reach my eyebrows, now my eyebrows reach my lashes lol.

Closed Thread