It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aging Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2011, 03:46 PM   #1
(female)

Jada62 HB UserJada62 HB User
terrible mornings

is this me ,aging, or what? every morning is fillled with pain everywhere, knee hip, arm, and also nausea..i have fibro but cannot beleive this pain is every day..it is getting so that i hate to go to bed because i know what i have to face each morning...now for the kicker..after i have my coffee, get dressed and move around i fell ok..what is happenening to me iam 68

Old 09-27-2011, 02:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: terrible mornings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jada62 View Post
is this me ,aging, or what?
Fibromyalgia can occur at any age.

Quote:
every morning is fillled with pain everywhere, knee hip, arm, and also nausea..i have fibro but cannot beleive this pain is every day..it is getting so that i hate to go to bed because i know what i have to face each morning...now for the kicker..after i have my coffee, get dressed and move around i fell ok..what is happenening to me iam 68
I'm not an expert on this subject so I'm just wondering: "What's different when you first wake up in the morning?" One thing that stands out in my mind is that your blood pressure would be lower. Then after you have your coffee, get dressed and move around, your blood pressure goes up.

What would happen if you took your time getting up? Maybe your blood pressure would rise gradually. It starts going up a little when you open your eyes. Then if you wiggle your toes and fingers it will go up a little more. Then sitting up in bed will raise your blood pressure even more. Then do some deep breathing. Have some water at your bedside and take a drink. Finally, when you feel fully awake and ready, you get up.

I just wonder if the above proceedure, or something like it, would help you avoid the pain. It seems like when your blood gets moving it "feeds" your muscles and joints in some way?

Last edited by JohnR41; 09-27-2011 at 02:29 PM. Reason: general

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2011, 05:58 PM   #3
(female)

Jada62 HB UserJada62 HB User

i already have high blood pressure that is getting out of hand,,hard to control lately, but i will try that method of waking up inthe morning thanks

Old 10-01-2011, 02:22 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User

When you first wake up, relax, wiggle/squirm, stretch in bed before attempting to get up.

I have fibro and the above really helps.

Closed Thread