It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aging Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2012, 09:11 AM   #16
(male)

Alex160 HB User
Re: I hate looking younger than I really am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowdee View Post
You should be thankful for having a younger face. Take this as an advantage, many people want to be young and do anything to look young and here you go ranting for your younger look? Don't bother about your look you can still do the things that you need to do without worrying about anything. Just act according to your age and you will not encounter any problem at all.
There's nothing wrong with looking younger when you're like 40 and look like 30. There's a huge difference from being 22 and looking like a teenager.
Some days ago I was in a job interview and the lady said "aren't you too young to be on college?", and she was shocked when I told her I'm almost 22. Anyway, I got the job, but she said I needed to open an account on a specific bank.
Then today I decided to close my old bank account and the very first thing the guy said was "where's your mother?", then I said I was over 18, and he was like "no, you're not!", then I showed him my ID and he was like "see, you're not 18!", and then I said "look again, right here you can see I was born in 1990", he made an ugly face, apologised, and didn't ask me anything else.

I got what I wanted, sure, but it's really stressfull to always go through the same things over and over again.
I know it's better than having cancer or something like that, but it really makes me unhappy, specially when I look at the mirror and see that they're probably right, I look like a 14 year-old kid, and when I realize that my hands will be forever small and my stature isn't going to change anymore I just cringe and wish time would just freeze. I AM getting older, but in a teenager body, see the difference? It's even bearable today, but I don't wanna be that kind of guy that you think is a kid when you look at their back, and then when you see his old face you realize he's an adult.

Anyway, thanks everyone for your comments.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread