Reaching the Fountain of Youth
Aging is obviously a natural, inevitable occurrence, but it is a frightening one nonetheless. I am very skeptical about creams, pills, and other fads that claim to ward off aging.
I talked to my doctor and asked her what advice she would give. Her advice was so genuine and made so much sense that I wanted to share it.
It’s really quite simple:
1. Have the right attitude: be optimistic and excited about life. A positive outlook may promote positive outcomes.
2. Give yourself the right fuel: anti-inflammatory diets (which are more plant-based versus a fatty, sugary, processed food diet) tend to slow the aging of the skin, since disease progression and aging have a lot to do with chronic inflammation in the body…we are essentially able to use foods as anti-aging medicines!
3. Implement the right schedule: let your body rest and decrease your body’s stress through relaxation and sleep.
4. Hydration: water is important for cellular functioning
5. Wear sunscreen: it will keep your skin looking young and prevent against skin cancer
6. Have fun: take time to enjoy loved ones and surround yourself with social support
7. Keep your body moving every day! Exercise is key to living a long and healthy life (even if it’s walking up and down stairs or a short walk)
I hope this was helpful!