It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aging Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
(female)

dusky blue HB Userdusky blue HB User
Anti-aging creams

Are they not the biggest fraud of all time. I've tried "Time delay" Rolling back the years" blah, blah, blah None of them REALLY work. Has anyone found one that they've used for a long time and they feel really works

Old 08-13-2012, 01:32 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

crookedhearts HB Usercrookedhearts HB Usercrookedhearts HB User
Re: Anti-aging creams

Retina a/Renova/tretinoin are clinically proven to be anti-aging, so maybe try a prescription retin. But I agree for the most part. Antioxidants and stuff like vitamin c and retinol are proven to help too, but many of the stupid companies that make the products put them in jars or crappy containers that just expose them to air and light (many of the ingredients that are proven to work are also proven to lose effectiveness with exposure to air and light).

Oooh, you know which product would be my favorite if I wasn't using a prescription retin? Estee Lauder's Night Repair. It's a really nice retinol serum that you can wear with or without moisturizer. It's $90 though, so it's ridiculously overpriced. I also like Paula's Choice Barrier Repair (which also contains retinols). But since I'm using retin a I just stick with Cerave for now.

Last edited by crookedhearts; 08-13-2012 at 01:18 PM. Reason: products

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2012, 11:19 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Ed576 HB User

Well I would have to agree with you. Same is the case with me. I have used some anti-aging creams and they also didn't work for me.

Old 08-15-2012, 05:54 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

The thing is that you have to start using them BEFORE you need them. I have always worn moisturizer - from my teens to now at 66. I NEVER go without it. Even if I'm wearing no makeup, I still moisturize - morning and at night with a night cream. And for at least 30 years I've used an eye serum and an eye cream. Olay makes some great ones that are cheaper. I also like Lancome's Renergie line as it does not have any perfume in it. And Prescriptives = online only now - all are great - eso the line preventer.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:27 AM   #5
(female)

neverfrozen HB User

I think most "anti-ageing creams" are worthless and often harmful. My skin looks great when I eat avacodos, almonds and plenty of citrus. Also my face looks bloaty and blotchy when I eat processed foods.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:41 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

I agree with Tichou,
I have used moisturising creams since my teens and at 65 yrs have hardly any wrinkles.
I might add that I buy my day/night creams from my local supermarket so it's not always the costly ones that do the best.
I also have never used foundation on my face (Never) only moisturiser. Family Genes and a healthy diet, and non-smoking have all been a help for me.

Solofelix.

Old 08-24-2012, 08:22 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

I'm 70 and have used extra virgin olive oil, straight out of the bottle, for quite a while. I use it on my arms, legs, feet, face and shoulders. Keeps the skin moist all day long. I just hope that I am never kidnapped by a cannibal.

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Old 10-01-2012, 08:24 AM   #8
(female)

259846 HB User

haven't had good results with any over-the-counter treatments.

Last edited by 259846; 10-01-2012 at 10:23 AM.

Old 12-31-2012, 11:21 AM   #9
(female)

JCasey HB User

NOPE!! I swear to never spend money on creams again. Even if they look like they will actually work haha. I use the Face Fx by Silk'n and it is the only thing I have actually SEEN results with. So...no more creams for me (:

Old 01-24-2013, 02:32 PM   #10
(male)

Michael8035 HB User

All that is artificially made in a lab, and you cant take the spoon and eat it from the jar directly without harm you will harm you if you apply it to the skin also. Sooner or later. Dont use these creams. use only natural products.

Old 05-05-2013, 05:26 PM   #11
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

I just started using Nerium AD. I have extremely sensitive skin and was worried about breakouts...but its been fine. I have used it for one week and already see some difference in fine lines and dark marks....My husband, who never notices anything- actually complimented me this morning when I came down for coffee without any makeup on!

Old 10-29-2013, 03:24 PM   #12
(female)

Summer896 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machaon View Post
I'm 70 and have used extra virgin olive oil, straight out of the bottle, for quite a while. I use it on my arms, legs, feet, face and shoulders. Keeps the skin moist all day long. I just hope that I am never kidnapped by a cannibal.
OMG too funny.

Old 10-29-2013, 03:32 PM   #13
(female)

Summer896 HB User

So had anybody tried hyaluronic acid? Had any success?

Old 10-30-2013, 01:07 PM   #14
(female)

Leegh HB UserLeegh HB UserLeegh HB UserLeegh HB User

I'm not a big fan of anti-aging creams. Some of the anti-aging creams can make a person look younger, but not more youthful. In other words, the person doesn't look old, but they don't look young. Obviously, celebrities can afford and probably do use the most expensive creams, and I have never seen one older celebrity who is perhaps in her 60's look really young. I guess it's OK to try them, if you have the money, or inexpensive brands, but I don't think there are really any miracles. In addition, I don't think people notice wrinkles as much as we think they do, unless they are really, really deep wrinkles.

Old 10-30-2013, 01:16 PM   #15
Veteran
(male)

movielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB User

The best thing is to go to a dermatologist who can prescibe prescription tretanoin cream.

Anything over the counter is such a low dose doesn't do much.

If you can afford it have some type of laser peal. They have gotten much better.

Closed Thread