It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aging Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2012, 09:36 AM   #1
(female)

Jada62 HB UserJada62 HB User
extreme fatigue

i am 69 and am so dog tired,, had tests nothing shows... but after a restless nights sleep if that is what you can call it..about 4-5 hrs>>>i get up take care of my dog get dressed have breakfast (no Appetite have to choke it down) clean up thehouse, go to store i am actually ready for bed!!!!! is this normal?? ihave IBS meneirs and anxiety disorder....i can not stand this no longer..about every week one night i awake with nausea dizziness joint pains and diarreha...i hate doctors, tests,etc plus i cannot afford the co pays so that is out .. tired of it all iwant to enjoy whatever life i have left which at this point i donot think is much longer.

Old 09-19-2012, 12:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User
Re: extreme fatigue

Jada,

What kind of meds are you taking? Sometimes, they can be the culprits

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2012, 01:51 PM   #3
(female)

Jada62 HB UserJada62 HB User

i take atenolol for high blood pressure, low dose asprin for heart, imodium for IBS

Old 09-19-2012, 03:01 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User

Your tiredness and dizziness could be from your BP meds. It's one of the side effects. If it's gotten worse over time you should contact your doctor. Do not stop it suddenly. Beta blockers need to be weaned off. Take care.

Last edited by rudiraven; 09-19-2012 at 03:03 PM.

Old 09-19-2012, 03:43 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Jada, If you can post your test results of what you've had checked, we can look for clues. It could be something as simple as your BP med, or thyroid or anemia, etc. Sometimes Drs tell patients their tests are fine when they are not. It also depends on what tests were done. Please don't give up, as it may be nothing serious and very fixable.

Old 09-24-2012, 07:45 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

bubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB User

Have you had a sleep study done to see if you have sleep apnea? I know that sleep apnea can briefly 'wake' a person many times during the night leaving them exhausted- without them even realising there was a problem! Best of luck!

Old 09-24-2012, 11:40 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Good suggestion from bubblegirl. A nightime pulse oximetry recording would be a good start to check that out, then a full sleep study if low oxygen dips are seen on the screening.

Old 01-09-2013, 06:59 PM   #8
(male)

boogabear HB Userboogabear HB Userboogabear HB User

Next time you see your doc ask him/her about the possibility of sleep apnea.
When I complained to the doc about a similar condition he said people with sleep apnea do not get a good restful sleep. They stop breathing but don't fully awaken until they begin breathing again but it affects their deepest sleep and the awaken tired. Just a thought but since you have been tested I thought I would offer this suggestion.

Old 09-18-2013, 03:47 PM   #9
(female)

RainbowBridge HB User

Ask your doctor about taking Magnesium!!! You can even take a blood test and see if you are low (most of us are) you have symptoms that tell me you might be...your doctor will know.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:22 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jada, Atenolol is notorious for causing fatigue. Perhaps a change in BP med could help somewhat. I would at least ask Dr. if something else could be used to eliminate that possibility.

Old 09-24-2013, 01:19 PM   #11
(female)

Ilovedollhouses HB UserIlovedollhouses HB UserIlovedollhouses HB UserIlovedollhouses HB User

Hi Jada62....I, too, have been on medications such as you are taking since age 27....But, each of us is different...My question or thought being are you busy?...Do you have a hobby to occupy your mind?....How about close friends...Or possibly people around you...

IMO, these facts are so important in aging...As you can see by my name I am into old dollhouses...That is just a tip of the iceberg...I love old toys...I have many hobbies...

This is just my thought on this, but I know if I had nothing to do I would get pretty depressed and believe me I, too, live in pain...My best to you...ILD....

Reply Reply