It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2000, 04:10 AM   #1

ginli HB User
Post allergy symptoms?

My head always feels "spaced". I was wondering if this is a common allergy side effect. I take zyrtec to help but in the morning i feel clogged up and spacy. Does anyone else feel this way? Any advice about treatments?

Old 12-20-2000, 09:00 PM   #2

ELLIS NISHIMOTO HB User
Hi Ginli,

Your symptions are the same as mine were, until my allergies became worse. After 33 years of doctors, hospitals, medicines, and injections, I was cured by an Accupuncture Doctor. I feel great now!
I wish you well!

Ellis

------------------

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2001, 04:48 PM   #3

placentia HB User
I to have the same symptoms. I feel so disconnected all the time. It has been going on for a year now. I have been on allergy shots for 6 months with no relief. Do you also feel disconnected? It affects my thinking and everything. My face feels very full all the time and my ears do also. If anyone has anything that has helped them with this problem I would love to know.

Old 01-08-2001, 10:14 AM   #4
Inactive

BrianC30 HB User
Hello all. I feel this way too. I have allergies and have had 2 sinus surgeries. After my 2nd surgery in October, I have constantly felt "woozy" or "foggy" headed. Sometimes I feel like I had a few drinks. My vision even feels somewhat blurry at times.
My ENT has no clue what it is but my allergist says it is sinus related. I been real depressed over it cause nothing brings relief. When I go into a shopping mall I feel so foggy that I cant see right and it makes my brain feel like its in slow motion.
I have had many medical tests from blood tests, CAT Scans, MRI of brain, tympanogram, vision tests and hearing test. Everything comes back normal. I will be having a ENG soon to see if its inner ear related.
I hope something helps. The Rhinocort, Flonase, Zyrtec, Claritin and others have NOT helped. Feeling spaced out is so lousy. Not to mention it causes my anxiety on top of it.
Well, I pray that a solution comes soon because the quality of my life has been nill lately.
God bless everyone suffering. Lets all stick together on this. You can email if desired.

BTW: Isn't it amazing how most doctors are cluless about these types of problems? I had to tell my ENT to order the ENG and do the tympanogram. Its really scary...today you have to read all you can and learn on your own.

Brian C.

Old 01-08-2001, 03:19 PM   #5

ginli HB User
I am surprised at how many of us are suffering without any clue as to what is going on!!! I feel so fogged-up in my head and clogged-up in my sinus' all the time. I've been on allergy shots for 3 years. Sometimes the nasal spray helps with the sinus problem a little. But the foggy head and slowed mental functioning is something else!!! I don't even want to bother re-testing for my allergies because the shots don't work anyway. I haven't taken the shots for 3 months now and wonder if i should even bother. I am desperate though so i will probably go back to them, not because they work, but more for the pschological reason that maybe they do work but i don't know it.(weird, huh?)

Someone had mentioned grapeseed extract and i have been taking that but feel the same. Also, Ellis had mentioned acupuncture. So, who knows maybe i'll try that. I just don't want to go there for the rest of my life, either. Anyway, if anyone comes up with anything please let us know. We are all really very desperate here!!!

ginli

Old 01-08-2001, 04:03 PM   #6

placentia HB User
Exclamation

Gosh, It feels so good to know I'm not alone in this world. I have been going through this since. Jan. and I can't tell you what a scary and lonely road it has been. This whole thing has at times made me think I was going crazy. I feel like I'm living in a dream all the time and not real life, almost as if I were in a twighlight sleep but awake. Sometimes I can't wait to go to sleep at night just so I don't have to deal with the fear I have going threw my day feeling like this. My husband can't understand what I'm going through and since the doctors I've seen can't tell me anything. It makes me feel as if it's all in my head when I know that it's not. I do have allergies and I have lots of face pressure also, my ears as well have been full feeling since this all started. If anyone has anything that they have done for this that has helped I would love so much to know about it. Everything I have done up to this point has done nothing to help. I wish you all luck

Old 01-11-2001, 11:26 AM   #7

Babernethy HB User
I take a chinese herbal pill called Pi Min Kan Wan...it is all natural and completely controls my seasonal allergies...it is inexpensive too with no side effects.

Old 01-11-2001, 02:52 PM   #8

ginli HB User
Babernathy, It sounds worth a try, for sure. How do you take these pills(or are they pills?)
thanks,

gin

[This message has been edited by moderator1 (edited 01-17-2001).]

Old 01-19-2001, 07:20 AM   #9

Babernethy HB User
Sorry I have taken so long to respond...I am not always on the system, just when I have time...rarely.
You take 3 at a time, with breakfast, lunch and dinner. They look like small smarties, they are green, and sweet. 1 package (about $4.00) will last a week. Make sure you buy the 'authentic' ones...they comne in a box with a certificate of authenticity. Ther are 'fakes' that look the same but are less expensive and with no certificate.

Old 01-23-2001, 09:25 PM   #10
Inactive

KT HB User
Lightbulb

Just another suggestion- I started having sinus trouble when I changed locations about 2 years ago, my mother in law suggested I use some oil that she was trying out. It's called Tei-Fu made by nature's sunshine. I bought a bottle for something like $8 or $12 something like that. It is a very tiny bottle, under an oz. but I've had it for alittle over a year and it is still full. My husand, child and myself use it on a regular basis and it makes a huge difference.
We just place a dap of oil on our nose and/or massage it on our foreheads (which is where we tend to be most congested) and it usually gives us immediate relief.

Old 01-25-2001, 10:23 AM   #11
Inactive

pert HB User
Red face

I have had allergies forever.

've been on zyrtac,flonase,antihistimines and i find that decongestants irregularly treat my symptoms best.

I have allergies to dander,pollen,mold,ragweed and inhalants.
I also have food irritants.
These reactions have also triggered panic attacks.
As a matter of fact,
my old doctor related the two.
First one,then the other.
If there is a trigger allergy,
vice versa.

------------------

Old 01-26-2001, 06:57 AM   #12
Inactive

pert HB User
Exclamation

i was told hot peppers ie in salsa,

mexican,spicy,szechuan/polynesian type foods are great treatment for nasal/sinusitis/rhinitis conditions.

ie allergies/colds

also,i believe zyrtec and antihistimines can be and should be taken before bedtime to eliminate daytime drowsiness.
Vitamin C helps allergies (nasal) as well i heard.
Try vitamin c drops (also aids throat dryness)
as a supplement.
Vitamin C can also be found in red peppers.
Peppers can clear passageways i heard in an article recently.

------------------

Old 01-29-2001, 12:43 PM   #13

jonnny_mel HB User
Lightbulb

Hi,

Have any of you heard of a condition called Eustachian Tube Dysfunction? For about months now I have been suffering from very similar symptoms as those I am reading about here (feeling disconnected or not with it, and a feeling of fullness or pressure in my head/face). Just like many of you say, the doctors didn't know what was wrong. It wasn't until I noticed a clicking noise in my ears and strange noises when I went swimming (underwater) that I thought I could have an ear problem. Finally my doctor confirmed that I have Eustachian Tube Dysfunction (only after I suggested it to him after reading these noticeboards). I would suggest that you go and take a look at the Inner Ear Disorders board, you might find some interesting stuff!

Jonny.

P.S. Can I just apologize if this message appears several times in its various forms, only my computer has been playing up!

Old 01-30-2001, 05:34 AM   #14

kristopher HB User
Cool

hey guys...there is no doubt that a very cruel joke was played on us. Like all of you it seems that i live everyday disconnected and confused. I suffer from Eustacian tube dysfunction primarily due to sinusitis secondary to allergies. What i have found that gives me quite a bit of relief is in combination: vitamin c, zinc, bromelein & echinacea...these are starting to show good results for me. Keep the suggestions rolling.

Closed Thread