It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2001, 09:59 AM   #1

LittleFilly56 HB User
Unhappy Fever, Chills and Night Sweats

I have had allergies for 15 years. I took allergy shots for 5 years, and have been on every antibiotic available for sinus infections. My most recent problem is that antibiotics seems to have quit working. I feel better while I am on them, but a couple of weeks after I get off them, I get sick again. I have seen two ENT's and had 2 CAT scans. I have a deviated septum and mild thickening of the ethmoid sinuses. I am on an HMO, and neither ENT seems willing to perform sinus surgery. Does anyone else experience chills, night sweats, fatigue and fever with their allergies? Or, could this be a virus I cannot get rid of? I'm also experiencing a real spaced out feeling. These symptoms have been going on for a year. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

------------------
Donna

Old 03-27-2001, 07:12 PM   #2

moonglow HB User
My son and I get alot of sinuse infection and also get allergy shots. What has helped us the most is natural stuff...I go to a Natural Alertive shop and get alot of stuff there that helps with the allergy problems and sinuse infections. Its called sinuforce. Call around your local health place like GNC and see what they have avaiable. I was using there natual stuff but it has latose in it and upsets my stomach. I can no longer torlerant antibotics either...they tear up my stomach.

This stuff not only got rid of the sinse infection but has keep and my son from getting anymore...knock on wood. lol.

The more antibotics you take the more messed up your system will get. The antibotics kill not just the bad germs making you sick but the good germs also that keep the yeast that we all have in our stomach under control..so the yeast overgrows and causing leaky gut sysdrom...meaning small tears in the stomach lining in which food particals get into causing food allergies...all allergies, including airborne allergies will just get worse and worse.

Talk to your allergic about this also and if they don't have a clue a good natural place and if you are really lucky..find a good homeopath that can treat you using natural stuff.

I get night sweats and chills also but for me I thinks its a hormonal thing....you know getting close to that time of the month. Plus my system is a total mess too which I am trying to straighened out using all natuarl stuff.

------------------
Nate, five years old, 18 airborne allergies, food allergies, yeast, soy, eggs and milk. Also recates to red dye 40 and many meds. DX with ADHD, Sensory intregration disorder, autoriy processing disorder and the list goes on.
Me, the mom, 40yrs old...an older mom but no wiser. EX..sitting in jail where he belongs
Nate, five years old, 18 airborne allergies, food allergies, yeast, soy, eggs and milk. Also recates to red dye 40 and many meds. DX with ADHD, Sensory intregration disorder, autoriy processing disorder and the list goes on.
Me, the mom, 40yrs old...an older mom but no wiser. EX..sitting in jail where he belongs

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2001, 07:01 AM   #3

LittleFilly56 HB User
Moonglow - thanks for responding. I had a partial hysterectomy 2 years ago, but I still have one ovary. I have started taking something I got from my chiropractor for menopausal women, and for now, the night sweats have stopped. I did have to go back on antibiotics the other day as the infection was getting the best of me. I tried fighting it with natural products, i.e., garlic, echinacea, Vit C, but it wasn't enough. I take Probiotic powder daily, along with the garlic and olive leaf extract to combat the yeast. It's a real merry-go-round. I was hoping they could find the infection (which I thought was in my sinuses) and clean it out so I could stay away from antibiotics, but it didn't turn out that way. I am still searching, and hopefully, eventually, I will find the cause. I will check into the natural product you suggested. And, we installed a better air filter in our home, which I'm hoping will help. With these symptoms, it's hard to tell if it's an infection, a virus that won't go away, allergies, or something like CFS. Sign me.......still looking!

------------------
Donna

Old 03-29-2001, 08:37 AM   #4

moonglow HB User
Thats good you got an air fresheren in the house that will help. Try keeping the dust down to and see if that helps. Allergies can really mess up the body for sure. Whenever we have an allergic recation to something our bodies attack the allergy as if it were a germ like a cold or something...that gets our immune system going and makes it weaker after fighting allergies all the time they its easier to catch whatever is going around.

Good luck on this this straightened out!

Closed Thread