It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2001, 01:28 PM   #1

mchad21 HB User
Post persistent cough and plugged ears !!

About 2.5 months ago, I was getting over a cold. I choked on some food, and immediately after that, my thoat starting to feel as if it was dry and tickled, and I had a persistent cough. I woke up the next day, and felt a lump in my throat when I swallowed.

Since then, I have had the cough, and symptoms of what would be allergies, but I have never had them. I have been on augmentin, which was perscribed for what was thought to be an infection, but as it turned out the throat culture had nothing, except some white cells. The augmenten relieved some of the post-nasal drip, but during the course of the perscription, my ears became plugged and have been ever since. I have tried flownase, claritin, allegra..nothing. This leads me to believe that it is not an allergy. I had a patch test for allergies, and it came back negative.

Went to a ENT, said my ears looked fine, and I had no infection. I do have a seriously deviated septum, and have always had trouble breathing out of one side of my nose, but NOTHING ever like this. He said that the choking could have triggered vasomotor rhinitis.

I am hoping that someone here can put my mind at ease. I am NEVER sick, and this has been going on for 2.5 months. The doctors can't find anything wrong, and said it might be viral and will go away, but may take a while. Otherwise I feel fine. Haven't had a sore throat, horseness, fever, etc. It's very annoying, and I'm looking for some relief. I'm taking Atrovent nose spray now, and it is helping, but I really want this to go away. Thanks for you help !!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread