It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2002, 09:46 PM   #1
Inactive

Nicole23 HB User
Question Could allergies cause my ear to plug up? Please advise

Hi. I was wondering if allergies could cause my ear to plug up. Several months ago, I had my eustachian tube measured and it was at -22 on the right (the side of my TMJ) and 0.5 on the left. A couple days ago I had a procedure called Trigimenial Pharyngioplasty where they try to open up the eustachian tube. (this is not a surgery) Recently I had another tympanogram (my eustachian tube measured) and it was 0.7 on he right and 0.5 on the left). Nonetheless, my ear plugs up over little hills. My ENT said that this could be allergy related. Could this be? He is sending me for an allergy test and a Cat Scan of the sinuses. I have had a Cat Scan of the brain which said that I had no paranasal sinus abnormalities. Anyway what can I do about this?

Old 03-05-2002, 06:28 AM   #2
(male)

Cut-Throat HB User
Cool

Hi,

You ask "could this be allergy related" ?

Yes it's possible. I have an allergy that affects my inner ear. Causes me to be lightheaded, slightly nauseous, headaches, ringing in ear.

The only way that I knew it was an allergy is when I started taking Chlorotrimeton, my symptoms almost entirely disappeared.

Several ENT's suggested to me that it could be allergies. But they prescribed the newer designer drugs (allegra, clariton, nasal sprays) that did not make you sleepy. They did not give me any relief either. It was only after I started taking the C-trimeton that I got true relief. I have been on it for 3 years now and it is still working. C-trimeton does make you sleepy, more so at first. I am used to it now.

You could give it a try. It is an over the counter drug. It has helped several people on this site. Maybe you have even tried it.

------------------

http://www.kdb.s5.com/images/fly_fisher_big.gif

Cut-Throat

[This message has been edited by Cut-Throat (edited 03-05-2002).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2002, 07:18 PM   #3
Inactive

Nicole23 HB User
Talking

Hi. I am glad to know that Cloretrimeton worked for yo. The thing is I am wondering if my ear pressure is TMJ related or allergy related. Any thoughts? My ear plugs up over little hills.

[This message has been edited by Nicole23 (edited 03-05-2002).]

Closed Thread