It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2002, 11:03 AM   #1

jenw HB User
Post allergic to peaches?

does anyone have a definite allergy to peaches? if so, what are your allergic reactions like? I woke up with really swollen and tingly lips this morning and the skin around my mouth is irritated, too. I posted a message earlier about little bumps possibly due to chapstick. but my lips have red bumps today and it's very different from before, so I went to the doctor this morning and he said it looked exactly like a reaction to mango skins, which I have not eaten. but I did eat a peach (haven't in a long time), could that be it?

Old 07-02-2002, 12:05 PM   #2

krit26 HB User
I am not now if i only eat one once in awhile but before i got pregnant i could hardly eat any fruit especially ones with alot of citric acid like oranges. When i was i would get sores or red bumps in my mouth my lips would swell and i would get a rash all over my body. The only thing i could do to find out what it was was to start all over and just eat things i know i am not allergic to and ease myself back on things i did not know and just watch my bodies reaction to certain foods and what was in them. I not only had to do this with food but with make-up, clothes, and laundry detergent. From now on i would becareful what i ate. My doctor also told me that even though you have been using things for awhile you can all of a sudden develop allergies to things like food and also medication. Let me know if this helps what you end up doing. Krittany

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2002, 12:28 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

Jaytor HB User
Was the peach fresh [versus canned] and did you eat the peel/skin? Peaches can trap and retain pollutants, pesticides and other harmful chemicals.

Old 07-03-2002, 09:43 AM   #4

jenw HB User
yes, it was a fresh peach with skin and all. I'm pretty sure that is what made my lips swell up. it has never happened before and I used to eat fresh peaches all the time but I found out that this also happened to my mom, she developed a bad allergy to peach skin at some point. she also gets rashes on her hands if she even touches the skins. I haven't seen that with my hands but I think I will just be careful to peel the skin off next time I want to each a peach. thanks for the input!

Closed Thread