It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2002, 08:14 AM   #1
Inactive

Johanna14 HB User
Question can post nasal drip make you sick??

I was just wondering if post nasal drip can make your stomach queasy. I can feel the drip go down my throat, and it makes me nauseous. I have allergies and have been on different meds for it, but this drip is gross...it makes me feel sick. What do ya think, can anyone relate??
http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif Johanna

Old 07-10-2002, 08:24 AM   #2

ukebob HB User
Hi Joanna -

Yes, post nasal drip can definitely make you sick to your stomach. I can relate to the nauseating feeling. Try a decongestant to help dry your sinuses up. Anything with pseudoephedrine should do the trick. Hang in there.

Bob

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2002, 09:40 AM   #3

SapphireChild HB User
YES!! Definately it can and will do that. i have suffered with this for years to the point of gagging and vomiting. it is aweful. i have it mostly under control now with flonase and Astelin and saline solution with gentamicin in it. have to take these every day or it comes back for me. Hope you find something that works for you soon i know how your feeling

Old 07-16-2002, 04:27 PM   #4
Inactive

Johanna14 HB User
It really stinks! It makes me nauseated. I can feel it go down my throat, but most of the time i just have to let it go because you can't really spit it out everywhere!! It seems to be worse in the morning or late at night. I think because the mucous runs down my throat while i'm sleeping...ewww. I hope that is why i feel nauseous a lot-i'm only 18!!
http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif Johanna

Old 08-10-2002, 10:12 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

purple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB User
Post nasal drips can ABSOLUTELY make your stomach feel sick! I get nauseous from it all the time! My doctor has told me to try sucking on hard candies, as this will help reduce/absorb some of the acid in the stomach, and may help with the nausea and upset stomachs associated with post nasal drips. Just so you know, post nasal drips upset the stomach when the mucous drips down and irritates the stomach lining. Fun, huh?

Old 09-27-2002, 05:20 PM   #6

chrissiek HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by purple2067:
Post nasal drips can ABSOLUTELY make your stomach feel sick! I get nauseous from it all the time! My doctor has told me to try sucking on hard candies, as this will help reduce/absorb some of the acid in the stomach, and may help with the nausea and upset stomachs associated with post nasal drips. Just so you know, post nasal drips upset the stomach when the mucous drips down and irritates the stomach lining. Fun, huh?
Does cough drops (halls with menthol) irritated the post nasal drip more?

I've been using this because some of the allergy medications make me hyper (Robitussin Allergy/Cough is good but gives me heart palpitations and an anxiety attack).

So far the drip and the cough drops have been making me sick along with anxiet attacks resulting from the drip I've had for so long.

Christine

[This message has been edited by chrissiek (edited 09-27-2002).]

Old 09-29-2002, 09:53 AM   #7

DianeMarie73 HB User
Hi, the only med I can take that doesn't make me dizzy shaky or any other side effects is advil cold and sinus it works awesome too! Diane

Old 10-01-2002, 06:05 PM   #8
rosarobin

Unhappy

Does anyone know if p/n/drip can cause a SORE THROAT??? I have a chronic drip from allergy to pollen, dust, smoke, etc. and just got a bad sore throat and think it's from the dripping down my throat. Is it possible? Or maybe just a virus and I'm over-reacting?

Old 10-01-2002, 08:57 PM   #9

Kyieren HB User
What color is your post-nasal drip?

Old 10-02-2002, 06:53 AM   #10
rosarobin

Unhappy

when it drips out of my nose it's clear like water; but sometimes (like at night) it drips down my throat and that's what I think gave me a sore throat! Is that possible?

Old 10-06-2002, 07:07 PM   #11
Inactive

silverwill HB User
Yes! It happens to me sometimes. Your sinuses drip into your throat, & it just lays there if you're on your back & then from having all that just sitting there, your throat gets irritated. A decongestant to dry up your sinuses would be a good idea as well as something to soothe your throat for the time being. If the drip is not clear, or if it's oddly coloured & clumpy, it could be an infection (more than likely)& you should see a doctor. Hope this helps you out!

Closed Thread