It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2002, 06:34 AM   #1

girlfrom3doorsdown HB User
Post Dry painful nose??

On and off the inside of my nose gets really dry and is really painful....and when I breath in it almost feels too empty and gets this cold feeling...is this allergies?? Oh yeah it's kind of got a weird smell too, I've tried over the counter allergy pills sometimes they help but usually they don't....maybe I'm getting the wrong kind. Over the last week it's been really really bad..I can't afford to go to the doctors right now, maybe a humidifier in the house would help?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2002, 06:16 AM   #2

erica_74 HB User
Lightbulb

Hi there!

Just a thought:

Why don't you try applying a thin vaseline layer with a q-tip maybe? My pediatrician suggested this when I was young and I had a frequent nose dryness+bleeding problem!

Hope that helps some

------------------
Erica

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2002, 04:11 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

purple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB User
Ayr makes something that can help with this. It is called Ayr Saline Nasal Gel, mfd by B.F. Ascher & Company. It has a little bit of a menthol smell to it. The directions are just to apply it around the nostrils and under the nose. It may also be used inside of the nostrils to relive discomfort from allergies and dryness, as well as to moisturize. It also helps prevent drying and crusting. It is a great product, and can usually be found right in the same aisle as the saline nasal sprays. Saline nasal sprays are also very helpful.

If you don't want to buy the gel, then vaseline is also very very good to relieve dryness. But this products also helps relieve itching and discomfort as well. Hope you feel better soon.

Old 10-19-2002, 12:38 PM   #4

girlfrom3doorsdown HB User
Thank you so much!! I have been using the vaseline and q tip idea..but I'll go buy the gel stuff!! Thanks...I've been in agony!!

Old 11-02-2002, 03:17 PM   #5
(female)

KIDINSANITY HB User
Purple, thanks for the info on the Ayr gel. I've heard of it, but was afraid to try it. I've been great since my sinus surgery, but with the cold weather coming on, the crusties are back.

Thanks again.

Old 11-05-2002, 02:06 PM   #6

babesofsteel HB User
I think that you can use a saline solution called "Ocean". I used it quite a bit when I first started taking allergy meds. Helps a lot with dry nose.

-BOS

Closed Thread