It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2002, 03:06 PM   #1

bradwheat777 HB User
Question Swollen Upper Lip

My upper lip is swollen and I thought it was linked to sinus problems I have been having. The ear,nose and throat doctor did a CT scan of my sinuses and there is a nasal polyp in my ethmoid sinus, however he said that my lip problem was not linked to this.

I have also had an allergy screening, in which I had a reaction to the dust mite and cockroach. The allergist felt like this was not an allergy problem since I do not have a rash or have any itching. My primary care physician is clueless.

There is no discomfort, it just feels "heavy" and it looks like I've been punched in the lip. I don't have any pain in my teeth.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Bradwheat

Old 11-24-2002, 06:16 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Kali M HB User
Bradwheat,

I don't usually sign onto this group, but was looking around and saw your entry. Don't know if you're male or female, but I get swollen lips (mostly upper and around my lipline) from my lipliner. It's only one or two colors from a particular brand, so it must be some ingredient in making that color that I react to. I've also had similar reactions from citrus. I used to know a website that talked about this kinda thing, but you can go to a search engine and type in "Lips" "swelling" "food" "allergy" and see what you can come up with.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2004, 09:42 AM   #3

jen ifer HB User
Re: Swollen Upper Lip

hey brad
im actually on here searching about the exact same thing you are talking about
my upper lip only on the right side is swollen, there were little bubbles yesterday, which i tried to pop because i thought it would make my lip smaller, and less swollen, but it just kept swelling. as of today there arent any more bubbles but it is swollen and it look like i have been punched as you said
i think it may have something to do with the fact that when i use red chapsticks this sometimes happens. im not sure if its the colouring or the flavouring, because it happened with cherry chapstick and also with tinted softlips. i tried to look up a red dye in these products but i couldnt find the ingredients on the net. anyways i hope that helps.
*jen*

Closed Thread