It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2003, 08:45 AM   #1

rthomppka HB User
Post Stuffy nose every day

Hi,
I'm new here and hoping that someone can give me some help. I have a stuffy, dry nose every day. It really is Blocked for some reason. I use Claritin and it helps but I still need a nasal spray to breathe through my nose properly. I find that when I hear my voice on a recording, I sound like my nose is blocked. What could this be? I have had allergy treatments before and I am only allergic to dust/mold/pollen but this is now a year round, every day occurence. I am in shape and in great health otherwise. Any help would be appreciated. I am seeing a new doctor friday. Thanks!!
Rich

[This message has been edited by rthomppka (edited 04-10-2003).]

Old 04-12-2003, 08:35 AM   #2

Noah HB User
I had/have the same problem. There are probably different causes and different solutions, but I definitely feel like I got lumped into the same diagnostic box with runny-nose people, resulting in treatments which were further drying. I had sinus surgery almost two years ago, and although it "removed" blockage/physical congestion, it did not make me feel better at all. The feeling of dryness and inflammation has increased.

Your doc will probably recommend one of the nasal sprays like Rhinocort, Nasacort, Nasonex, Atrovent, or Astelin.

Are your lymph nodes in your neck also swollen?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2003, 05:51 AM   #3

rthomppka HB User
Hi Noah,
They aren't swollen but my doctor did recommend/prescribe NAsacort and it seems to be working.
I have been breathing better the last 2 days. It seems to be working. He said that my nasal passages were swollen and this should help reduce that.
Are you doing any better with your breathing?

Old 05-31-2003, 02:58 AM   #4
Inactive

n7ynk HB User
Try nasal irrigation....awesome results. Here is my story. Milk allergies no longer! I am 45 and have had severe allergies to milk and casseinate which is a by product to milk. I have been on a restrictive diet that I imposed on myself to avoid all the occurences of dairy so I could stop taking allergy medicine.
My secret is nasal irrigation with common table salt and baking soda. Wow! The 1st day I started using it and the very next day I could eat dairy again. I use it twice a day and feel like a new person. It turned my food allergies off like a light switch. I can eat anything with no running nose, sneezing, irritability and NO DRUGS! There is hope.....good luck.

Old 06-11-2003, 04:04 AM   #5
Inactive

n7ynk HB User
There are products that you can buy to irrigate the nose with salt water and baking soda. NO DRUGS! I use 1/2 tsp of common iodized salt and 1/4 tsp baking soda (my allergist recommended the baking soda) for each 1/2 cup of warm tap water. My allergist gave ($20) me this nasal irrigator which is a syringe type device with a soft silicon tip which you lightly press against your nose and the whole process is painless and takes less than 2 minutes.
I have been using it for 3 weeks now and have had no allergic reactions to dairy, chicken, or coffee. I can eat anything and my life is back to well normal. I feel great! I feel like I have 30% more energy everyday.
There are many products out there, but this is working super for me.

[This message has been edited by kitaki (edited 06-11-2003).]

Closed Thread