It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2003, 05:40 PM   #1

msdme HB User
Exclamation Is this a food allergy reaction?

I believe I may be lactose intolerant or allergic to some food ingredient but am not sure. i have always loved cheese. But about a year ago, I started getting diarrhea immediately after eating salads, which I put cheese on. If I eat Taco Bell, or Del Taco, I get a rash on my lips. If i eat alfredo sauce, my hands itch. I have problems with salad dressings, cheeses certain oils, butter. My nose runs constantly and has sores in it. Any idea whats going on with me? (I am addicted to cheese! and find it hard to not eat it!)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2003, 05:54 PM   #2

pd50 HB User
Re: Is this a food allergy reaction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdme
I believe I may be lactose intolerant or allergic to some food ingredient but am not sure. i have always loved cheese. But about a year ago, I started getting diarrhea immediately after eating salads, which I put cheese on. If I eat Taco Bell, or Del Taco, I get a rash on my lips. If i eat alfredo sauce, my hands itch. I have problems with salad dressings, cheeses certain oils, butter. My nose runs constantly and has sores in it. Any idea whats going on with me? (I am addicted to cheese! and find it hard to not eat it!)
Sounds like allergies to me. Lactose intolerance can be controlled by taking lactose pills that are sold over the counter at your local drugstore.
Itching all over is also a sign of allergy..........I take actifed which is sold over the counter now........I have many allergies to inhalants....pollen dust ect.....and certain foods.......actifed helps.
The sores in nose can be from inflamation ect......best to see a doc and have them evaluate your condition.......there may be other meds out there that will work well for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2003, 05:09 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

snowmelts HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pd50
Sounds like allergies to me. Lactose intolerance can be controlled by taking lactose pills that are sold over the counter at your local drugstore.
Itching all over is also a sign of allergy..........I take actifed which is sold over the counter now........I have many allergies to inhalants....pollen dust ect.....and certain foods.......actifed helps.
The sores in nose can be from inflamation ect......best to see a doc and have them evaluate your condition.......there may be other meds out there that will work well for you.

There are lots of ingrediants people are allergic to. Cheese is a diary product and many people have allergies to dairy products (besides the lactose problem) Cheese is actually mold. Are you allergic to mold? For food allergies the sure fire cure is not eating the food. You should see an Allergist. Hope you find a solution.

Last edited by snowmelts; 11-26-2003 at 05:11 PM.

Old 11-27-2003, 07:01 AM   #4
Inactive

n7ynk HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdme
I am allergic to dairy with symptoms of running nose, sneezing, rashes, and irritability. My goal has always been not to take meds and eat normal. I have found the answer to my dairy problems. I nasal irrigate with salt water and baking soda. I now eat anything with dairy and no problems. My rash has disappeared, and no more irritability. Dairy is in everything. Caramel coloring has milk in it it, guess what pepsi has in it? Caramel. Casseinate is another by product of dairy & use to wreak havoc on me. Casseinate is in "Veggie" chesse which is suppose to be dairy free. Not! Anything that has "LAC" as an ingredient is probably dairy. Like lactose, lactate. Allegra gel form capsules have lactose in it. Lactose is a sugar but made from dairy. Good luck.

Closed Thread