It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2003, 04:34 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

MrsLee HB User
breathe right strips--do they work??

I was wondering if anyone has tried those breathe right strips that go across your nose. The box said they help with stuffy noses. I'd like to try them, but they are pretty expensive, so I was hoping someone here may have already tried them and can offer an opinion. Thanks!

Old 12-30-2003, 10:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

snowmelts HB User
Re: breathe right strips--do they work??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsLee
I was wondering if anyone has tried those breathe right strips that go across your nose. The box said they help with stuffy noses. I'd like to try them, but they are pretty expensive, so I was hoping someone here may have already tried them and can offer an opinion. Thanks!
I'm a user. YEP. I use NON-medicated ones. I put one on and right away I can feel I'm getting oxygen simply by breathing through my nose. GREAT relief. Wonderfully simple invention. All it does is physically pull up that area of your nose that is narrow and OH MY it just lets so much more oxygen in. Oxygen is great healer. I HIGHLY recommend these. They ARE worth the price.
Normally they stick on easily and stay put nicely doing their job great. I like the small/medium size cuz I have a small pug nose even though I am an adult woman. I can use the large but I prefer the small/medium.

Lately I have an unrelated night sweats problem and sadly that makes my Breath Right UNstick as my skin gets too moist! (LOL)
Non-the-less there is box of 30 in the drawer for my use this winter.

Try a small box. You'll like the oxygen.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2003, 05:52 AM   #3
(female)

skittles411 HB User

I find they work well at night when I am trying to sleep. No harm in trying them out once, they're not a drug or anything so it's not like they can cause any adverse side effects.

Old 12-31-2003, 11:36 AM   #4

oncidium HB User

Quote:
I bought some again recently as I have had a bad cold/flu/sinus infection? for 4 weeks now. I don't feel like they are working...of course I am pretty stuffed up right now. I have used them in the past when I am will and can tell a very small difference. Maybe different users have success due to slightly different nasal anatomy? Anyway, $10 is is small price if they happen to work for you.

Old 12-31-2003, 11:53 AM   #5
(female)

villandra HB User

They didn't work when I tried them. But then my nose is stuffed up by allergies. It doesn't just collapse shut.

You can get a sample for free with some HEPA furnace air filters.

Dora

Old 12-31-2003, 02:43 PM   #6
(female)

skittles411 HB User

If they do work for you, great! But if they dont work for you, you can always give them to a friend/family member, that's how I came about my first pack.

Old 01-02-2004, 08:00 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

MrsLee HB User

Well thanks for the responses. I think I will give them a try since I can't take my decongestant at night (keeps me up). I would LOVE to be able to breathe well at night. One more question if you all don't mind: can you reuse them or are they one use only? Thank you all so much!

Old 01-02-2004, 09:30 AM   #8

oncidium HB User

Quote:
Well thanks for the responses. I think I will give them a try since I can't take my decongestant at night (keeps me up). I would LOVE to be able to breathe well at night. One more question if you all don't mind: can you reuse them or are they one use only? Thank you all so much!
one use only

Old 01-03-2004, 01:16 PM   #9
Inactive

musicmaker650 HB User

If you really think about it, I think breathe right strips will help people with certain types of noses only, maybe the broad flat type more than others. The enternal mucosa swells and causes air restriction, not collapsing nostrils. With athletes in competition, their noses can't supply enough air fast enouth, so the breathe right strips can aid in keeping the nose open... two straws shoved down into your nostrils will eliminate the air flow restrictions too, if one could stand that.

For the most part, breathe right strips are useless...

Old 01-03-2004, 05:01 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

snowmelts HB User

musicmaker650, you are so very wrong.
But it's OK, You are entitled to your opinion.
Perhaps you are not putting them exactly in the right spot.
You do have to put them in the right place.
I know everyone can't benifit but the fact that the strip physically pulls my nose much wider open can be seen... even in the mirrow. The physical sides of my nosteral DO actually sort of collapse together and I can see there is twice as much opening just by looking in the mirrow with a BreathRight on. I get air immediatly by putting one on. I love them.

Last edited by snowmelts; 01-03-2004 at 05:03 PM.

Old 01-03-2004, 06:35 PM   #11
Inactive

musicmaker650 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmelts
musicmaker650, you are so very wrong.
But it's OK, You are entitled to your opinion.
Perhaps you are not putting them exactly in the right spot.
You do have to put them in the right place.
I know everyone can't benifit but the fact that the strip physically pulls my nose much wider open can be seen... even in the mirrow. The physical sides of my nosteral DO actually sort of collapse together and I can see there is twice as much opening just by looking in the mirrow with a BreathRight on. I get air immediatly by putting one on. I love them.
Hello Snowmelt,
when I breathe in and out through my nose the soft sides of my nostrils do not collapse, so I don't think the strips would help me. As I said in my previous post, some noses would benefit from using the strips. If you had chronic "stuffy nose" from allergies or viruses, they most certainly would not be of any benefit. Your nose might just be too small for you... What ever works is good.

Old 01-03-2004, 06:42 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

snowmelts HB User

uuummm.. I've never considered my nose "UNaverage' but you might have a point. I can set here and with my hands just push up and out on muscles above my check bone muscles and my nose pulls open more.. interesting..

Closed Thread