It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2004, 09:48 PM   #1

Maricel HB User
Unhappy Itching is back

It stopped after i went to the Dermatologist and got a cortisone shot. He also prescribed Fluocinonide for the "round patches" on my neck and on the inside of my elbows. They're starting to fade but now this wicked itch is back. It's like someone is poking me with a needle. Poke in the leg, and then the back and then the arms and then my neck. My dermatologist "believes" it's Eczema. He told me if it started again they would have to start another series of tests. Why is this so hard to diagnose.

I've had a thyroid test, AIDS test, diabetes test....i feel hopeless

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2004, 05:28 AM   #2

Micheline HB User
Lightbulb Re: Itching is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maricel
It stopped after i went to the Dermatologist and got a cortisone shot. He also prescribed Fluocinonide for the "round patches" on my neck and on the inside of my elbows. They're starting to fade but now this wicked itch is back. It's like someone is poking me with a needle. Poke in the leg, and then the back and then the arms and then my neck. My dermatologist "believes" it's Eczema. He told me if it started again they would have to start another series of tests. Why is this so hard to diagnose.

Make your reseach on Internet on Herpes zoster, also known as shingles or zoster, is a viral infection caused by the same virus that causes chicken pox. Anyone who's had chicken pox can develop herpes zoster. The virus remains dormant or inactive in certain nerve root cells of the body and only when it reactivates does zoster occur. About 20 percent of those people who have had chicken pox will get zoster at some time during their lives. Fortunately, most people will get zoster only once. In Canada we call it Zona and some of my friends got it...it is similar to allergies but....Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2004, 01:22 PM   #3

PinkBanana HB User
Re: Itching is back

Quote:

I feel your pain. When I was younger I had very very severe eczema, it didn't respond to ANY medication or treatment whatsoever..and then a lil miracle cream called psorcon came out and that helped. Eczema is relatively easy to diagnose..or I thought so...well keep tryin, don't give you..need any tips on managing eczema or questions or just want to vent..i've been there and well i'm still somewhat there..living everyday praying that the disease stays as low as its been lately..and i hope the best for you.
Have you considered RAST testing?? It's an allergy test where they test your blood. It sounds like your having a nasty allergic reaction to something..try process of elimination of things your allergic to, and possibly an antihistamine?

Last edited by PinkBanana; 02-03-2004 at 01:22 PM.

Old 02-04-2004, 05:49 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

CheerAngel HB User

Quote:

Hi there, maybe you would like to check out on Urticaria. Usually, they go away after they appear, and they return after some time(unpredictable). The cortisone shot that you had is just a short effect and doesn't last long. Are you prescribed with anti-histamines for the itching? Does your skin feel dry most of the time or it peels when you scratch alot? If that's so, then it is probably eczema. Yes, I can understand with the hard to diagnose part... I went thru that before. Was suffering badly before help came...
All the best to u...

Old 02-12-2004, 03:04 AM   #5

Maricel HB User

It's stopped for now. I just don't know....

Old 02-12-2004, 06:55 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

CheerAngel HB User

Quote:
It's stopped for now. I just don't know....
Hope this itch won't come bother you again

Old 02-29-2004, 03:18 AM   #7

kim keys HB User

i just found out i have a reaction to nickol metal found in every thing keys money junk jewlery food its endless my ears neck then hands and feet would get that itch and i would scratch till i bleed my neck and ears cleared up after i stopped usig my hair condishner kerrisilk then it would be avoid it ie never hold money in my hand to long or keys and food nickol i stopped eating prawns lettece toms the list is endless we are all diagnosed with eczema and given cortisone with is short lived check out your diet my story is long and i dont type very fast hope this can help

Closed Thread