It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2004, 03:35 PM   #1

Molly McPherson HB User
Question Post Nasal drip

I had laryngitis two times this year already. The doctor said it was from a post nasal drip or allergies and put me on Allerga. I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of either one causing laryngitis? Any answers would be appreciated. Thanks Molly

Old 04-18-2004, 05:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User
Re: Post Nasal drip

Hi Molly,

I came to the board to sarch about larnygitis and read your post. I am havinbg the same problem, a lot of watery post nasal drip and have been getting hoarness for about 2 weeks. Easter I could barely talk, now it seems like my voice is really bad in the A.M and P.M. clearing up somewhat during the day. It seems the more I talk The worse I get. I did do a search on the net and found that post nasal drip and allergies can cause hoarseness, they make the voice box swell.Did you have a sore throat also? Mine is not sore but feels dry at times. How long did this last for you? It is very annoying.

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2004, 06:33 AM   #3

Molly McPherson HB User

Hi pa: I did have a sore throat in the beginning but not now. My throat was so dry and I had a tickle too. All that happened to you was exactly the same things that happened to me for the same about of time. I am keeping my fingers crossed (trying not to talk so much) it does seem somewhat better today. I work with the hard of hearing so it is hard not to use my voice when I go back to work Mon. Molly

Old 04-18-2004, 06:33 AM   #4

Molly McPherson HB User

Hi pa: I did have a sore throat in the beginning but not now. My throat was so dry and I had a tickle too. All that happened to you was exactly the same things that happened to me for the same about of time. I am keeping my fingers crossed (trying not to talk so much) it does seem somewhat better today. I work with the hard of hearing so it is hard not to use my voice when I go back to work Mon. Molly

Old 04-18-2004, 06:44 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User

Hi Molly,
I noticed you posted this message in Feb, are ou aving this on and off since than? Any ideas for help? I have had his before but never this long, more of a come and go type thing.

From one Frog to another, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Old 04-18-2004, 07:46 AM   #6

Molly McPherson HB User

Hi Linda: Feb 2003 was my healthboards join date. I had the same thing in Jan 2004 lasted four weeks. Got it back again two weeks ago. It is better now but I still have to clear my throat a lot. Lemon drops work pretty good for the throat just plain old lemon drops not cough drops. A few years ago I went through the same thing and then it stopped for a long time. I hope I am not getting into that pattern again. Molly

Closed Thread