I have a condition that causes me a lot of problems .I sometimes get blood blisters form on the roof of my mouth when eating .the food marks the skin and it forms.If I dont burst it (usualy with a tooth pick) it grows longer and gets painfull also very weird feeling and doesnt let me eat untill i sort it out.A worse form of this is my throat also can get marked, a worse experiance as the blister grows and chokes me causing coughing to burst it eventualy.I think this is a condition that i have .My skin is unusual as, if marked with a fingernail it will redden greatly and you can vertualy write on it with a fingernail.to dateI have found one person like me has this condition.THis lady has been told food such as salty crusty types can be the culprit.
does anyone here have any ideas?
I would welcome any info, especialy anyone else getting this problem.Eating can be a problem time any help would be appreciated
Last edited by bladerunner; 05-10-2004 at 01:01 PM.
I don't know if this is any help, but it may be. This evening i was munching on pretzel nuggets. After about 20 minutes i discovered a chocolate chip sized blood blister on the inside of my cheek. I came online to search to find out what the hell it was, and found this post.
Perhaps i have the same condition! But this is the first time it has ever manifested itself....
Don't worry....my dentist says it is normal b/c the inside of our mouth is very sensitive. Sometimes we bite our cheeks without knowing it, and a blister would form(blood blister). It happens to me alot, even when I am munching on some potato chips, but it goes away almost within hours. Hope that helps.
I get a blood blister in the saem spot on the roof of my mouth lik eonce a week... it gets like size of a pin head.... I can pop it by creating pressure with my tongue. very strange... been happening like 2 years and you are the only one i have found with soemthign similar. I have been getting canker sores since I was 15 (once every 2 weeks at least) I am 30 now...
I just had a big blood blister in the back on the roof of my mouth, too. It came on while I was eating a pizza. My friend is a medical doctor for emergency medicine but he never saw one that big before either and he can't tell me what caused it. He opened it with a needle and then had me rinse my mouth with hydrogen peroxide mouth wash. That relieved the pressure and discomfort. I am really wondering why it formed.
I recommend see your allergist about getting allergy testing done.. not just the standard scratch tests but the full blown skin contact studies as well. Also visit a dermatologist.
In addition to being allergic to too much to write down:
Main foods that trigger mouth and throat blisters before extreme swelling and restricted breathing and so forth for me..
All but RomaTomatos, onion, strawberries, mushrooms, seafood (iodine), wheat(in about every processed carb made today), yeast, alcohol, coconut, pine nuts.. I am going to stop.
Anyway I have acute contact dermatitus, exzyma, rosecea, and contact allergies not detected by my normally allergy testing.
I found i was allergic to propylene glycone, cobalt, nickle, iodine(again), formaldehyde, a urea - formaldyhde producer, wool.. the list went on.
Well propylene glycol and some of the others were in everything I used, keeping my skin breaking out, drying out and constantly itching. It also made my system more likely to react to environmental triggers.
Now however annoying it is too keep my phones PDA full of all my allergies, I can avoid things that were unknown to me and aggrevating me on a daily basis. Propylene glycol was my biggy. It is a preservative in everything from prepared meats to backed goods. At least I am a good cook and make all my food from scratch.
If I avoid my allergens: food and contact, I rarely have mouth blisters develope anymore.
If we learn by our mistakes, I am working on one hell of an education.