It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2004, 05:42 AM   #1
(female)

cricketchicket HB User
Unhappy Please help me diagnose my rash!! I'm going out of my mind!

Ok,
So, I've had a lot of trouble over the past many months with a horrible rash that seems to have spread all over my body. This is what has happened to me, so please read and tell me what you think it is, and if I'm doing the right thing to treat it.

First of all, a few years back, I developed this really, horrible rash on the tops of my feet. I was working at a camp that summer, and just figured that I had either developed athlete's foot or eczema (I'm prone to eczema, anywya, but only really got it occasionally behind my knees and elbows). Well, I went to a dermatologist, and she told me that is was eczema, gave me a prescrip...and everything was hunky dory for over a year and a half.

Starting last November-ish, the skin on the tops of my feet got really bad again, with a red, raised, itchy rashed that just seemed to get worse and worse over the months. I also noticed a couple of small patches of red skin on my cheeks. I thought both the skin on my face and feet were due to the extremely cold winters we get where I live, and the skin on my face cleared up again, although it stayed EXTREMELEY DRY from that point onwards (the skin on my face has always been oily-ish). So, I used lots of cream on my body and face everyday and didn't think about it too much. My bf and I went to Jamaica in March, and the my skin was so wonderful and even rash on my feet cleared up dramatically after going into a mineral/salt water spa place for an hour. I though that was the solution!

Well, we got back home, and of course, it was still extremely cold and dry here, so my skin conditions came back and so i just kept on using a lot of cream, and figuring that the VERY dry skin on my face was due to weather and, perhaps me getting a little older (late 20's)?? I was really looking forward to summer, because it is more humid and thought my skin would clear up again.

Anyway, that time has not come. Since then, my skin has gotten 200% worse. The rash on my feet still persists, but doesn't cover as large of an area. I also have ring like patches of rashes that have popped up all over my legs and some on my stomach and arms. The skin on my face is dreadful...it is also sooooo DRY, red, and itchy. When I step out of the shower in the morning, my face INSTANTLY gets warm, red, and itchy...and very dry. I slather heavy cream on it immediately after getting out of the shower, and 10 minutes later...BOOM....dry, flushed, warm, red, crackly, itchy. The skin on my feet and rest of body is the same, although sometime the itchiness and raised-portion of the rash goes down, and then flares right back up again. Recently, my eyelids have started to become red, tight,and itchy. I notice the itchiest part of my face is around my jawline on both sides of my face, but the flushed part is everwhere on my cheeks. Nothing seems to help. I've seen about 3 different doctors, and a dermatologist about this. I've been tested for lupus, and run other blood tests,but nothing...the doc has done patch testing...nothing, although I do go back to see her in a few weeks, am going out of my mind with the constant itchiness and redness all over my body. I've changed soaps, detergents, you name it...to no avail.

Short of ripping off my own skin, I'm desperate. I've been taking an Omega 3-6-9 supplement for about a month and a half, now...with minor results. I've tried Oil of Oregano, with minor results. Of course, this is on top of the several creams and lotions that have been prescribed to me.

I've been hearing a lot about liver cleanses via diet, and have started one...today. I'm cutting out meat (I already don't eat meat), dairy, refined sugars....eating lots of organic veggies some fruits, nuts, cold pressed oils, fish, omega 3-6-9's, whole grains only like brown rice, etc....

However, does ANYONE, ANYONE at all have an idea of what this could be (I've thought of everything from lupus, to yeast overgrowth, to a faulty liver, to deficiencies..you name it). Do these symptoms sound familiar to ANYONE at all. I am so desperate. And, does the diet i suggested have any chance of working?

PLEASE HELP!

PS-I have Celiac Disease, but avoid ALL forms of gluten, i am quite strict about this, so I am almost certain it is not Dermatitis Herpetiformis,as I have had that before I was diagnosed and what I have now is MUCH different.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread