It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2004, 01:03 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

anxiousme HB Useranxiousme HB Useranxiousme HB User
can allergies cause chronic respiratory infections?

I need some help here. I have re-occuring upper respiratory infections. I'm on Augmentin at least once a month. It's not working anymore. I just don't understand how this bug can keep coming back. My question to everyone is, "Can underlying allergies keep triggering re-occurrant bacterial growth?" I don't have allergy symptoms like runny nose, itchy eyes, etc. However, I know I have allergic reactions to common household items like dust, molds, mites, etc. Should I be seeing an allergist? I need the infections to stop!

Old 10-07-2004, 09:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Midget HB User
Re: can allergies cause chronic respiratory infections?

Yeah, I would look into see if allergies was an underlying cause...it's worth a try at least. Is an Upper Respitory Infection like a Sinus Infection or what? I've never been able to figure that out. :P

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2004, 08:19 PM   #3

mjp0826 HB User

Yes, I would definitely see an allergist. I have the worst allergies of anyone I know and I used to get respitory (sorry if I spelled that wrong, been a long day) infections all the time and was so tired of getting sick so my mom took me to see an allergist and I was put on the most powerful decongestant nose spray and medicine and I haven't had a chest infection since! I've been on these meds and I also get allergy shots in my arms every week -- they inject me with what i'm allergic two once in each arm once a week.. I've had these for about 4 years and I haven't been getting as sick.. So go see an allergist! it's probably worthwhile.

Old 10-10-2004, 10:42 AM   #4

cicka HB User

You're saying they are injecting you with what you're allergic to? Are you sure?
I'm about to start my all. shots, but I think I was told something else....

Closed Thread