It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2004, 12:21 PM   #1

SHAYSER HB User
Does Saline Nasal Spray Really Work?

Hi everyone just wanted to know my nose is dry and congested wanted to know if it will help>

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2004, 12:25 PM   #2

Hammy02 HB User
Re: Does Saline Nasal Spray Really Work?

yes they do help, but they don't last very long. I would suggest a nasal decongestant medicine to help rid the sinus infection along with a saline mist to help with the nose irritation.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2004, 12:27 PM   #3

SHAYSER HB User

what is nose irragation? how do you do that i am trying to get rid of this head ache

Old 10-08-2004, 01:21 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

chigs489 HB User

Many saline nasal sprays contain a preservative that can irritate sinus tissue. It doesn't do that to everyone, but it happened to me. I was wondering why I felt worse afterwards.

best thing to do, is create your own nasal spray using kosher salt and distilled water. Put it into a spray bottle, and voila!

Old 10-09-2004, 12:13 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

CheerAngel HB User

A nasal decongestan helps with my congested nose. You can get them OTC. Irrigation is done to keep your nasal passages clear. It's like spraying a solution into your nose. It can be done using a machine or just a bottle.

Old 10-14-2004, 10:50 PM   #6
(female)

Sister HB UserSister HB User
Talking Re: Does Saline Nasal Spray Really Work?

To make a very long 32 year story short: NasalCrom has rescued me from terrible sinus headaches for 32 years. A doctor once told me I have "asthma of the sinuses." And he was right,because NasalCrom is asthma medicine in a nasal spray form. I only wish I had NasalCrom for the past 32 years instead of constant antibiotics and millions of pills. Oh well - better late than never! It's cured me from my dreaded headaches by about 95%. I wish you all could find a miracle cure like I did.

Old 10-14-2004, 11:01 PM   #7
(male)

FoolsGold HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiggins1066
Many saline nasal sprays contain a preservative that can irritate sinus tissue....best thing to do, is create your own nasal spray using kosher salt and distilled water.
You can get a list of the preservatives from the internet even if they are not on the product's label. You can also get much better and more precise 'recipies'. I use Ringers/Loehs solution which is available commercially but at high cost, so I now make my own. Again there are lots of formulas available that aid you in creating a biologically in-active wash that does not cause any in-flow or out-flow of ions from the nasal tissue.

Closed Thread