It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2004, 05:29 AM   #1
(female)

gemmy200 HB User
Question could this be allergies?

Hello everyone...I have been having some weird symptoms lately and I am hoping its just allergies. I have never had allergies before which makes me sort of wonder. It started a few days ago, I had a tightness on the left side of my neck, it didn't hurt, I was just very aware of it, then I woke up this morning with alot of mucus in the back of my throat, I find myself having to clear it alot. My throat isn't really sore, just a bit uncomfortable, but that tight feeling on my neck is still there. There doesnt seem to be any swelling of nodes or anything, and over-all I feel ok. My question..is it possible for someone to have allergy problems out of nowhere? Thank you for your help.

Old 10-12-2004, 02:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: could this be allergies?

Hi,

It could definitely be allergies or a virus that has settled in that area. It could also be reflux or post nasal drip.

Is there anything you're using as of late that is new...but you use daily?

Are you using any new vitamins, supplements, new oil product..etc?

Have you been overeating lately? (I ask because I have a bit )

I can relate to the pain...I do find that if I overeat and then lay down (big no-no) I get that pain. I also get it from some household cleaners, herbicides/pesticides, some supplements, some fragrances in products, oil products in foods, mould...etc.

I also have that area affected by a cold as of late. Tends to be a tad irritating!!!!!!!

You could keep a documentation of what you ingest and when you get the symptoms...you might notice a connection.
Hope you find the culprit.

quincy

Last edited by quincy; 10-12-2004 at 02:03 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2004, 03:02 PM   #3
(female)

gemmy200 HB User

Thank you quincy for the reply, I am somewhat of a hypochondriac, so every single little thing that is "different" is automatically something bad. This feeling I am having almost feels like it is coming from my jaw, it feels like there is something there, but from what I can tell there isn't. Both of my wisdom teeth on the bottom are completely in (not impacted) and they set my jaw out of alighn. My throat has been a bit uncomfortable today, then of course, the constant tightness on the left side of my neck, could this be related to my tonsil on that side or even my ear? Because occasionally my ear will itch and feels stopped up. ARRRRRGH! Its always SOMETHING with me!!! Thanks again...

Old 10-13-2004, 12:47 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Hi,

Well, when we feel lousy much of the time....we get into a hypersensed state. Like the princess and the pea syndrome!!

It's possible you've been exposed to a virus and your tonsil's are working overtime.

Your ears itching - wow, I can relate. I use a q-tip dipped in peroxide (the stuff for cuts) and wipe it around in the outer ear canal...that helps a lot.

Also, you could do a nasal wash with warm water and salt and what I've read lately..add a bit of baking soda. That will also help with the itchy ears and plugged feeling.

Sudafed (oral decongestant) is another option to open the passages and eustachian tubes.

As well, gargle with salt water..that helps shrink some of the swollen tissue in your throat.

Drink lots of fluids, take your vitamins, get enough sleep and if you do end up with a cold...at least you'll know what the cause was

Maybe you could eventually make an appointment with your dentist and consider getting the wisdom teeth out. Especially since it's changed the alignment of your jaw. That could ultimately set you up for future mandibular joint problems.

Like I mentioned earlier, I'm just getting over a cold. It started much like how your symptoms are, but with severe pain around the ear and into it when touched. I still have the throat feeling and it's quite severe. I have asthma as well, and had to increase all my meds...but it just seems to be the nature of this virus -- that darned throat feeling. I'm hoping to feel better soon!!!!! and the only thing I seem to be focussing on is this burning pain in my throat (larynx).

Let me know how it goes.

quincy

Last edited by quincy; 10-13-2004 at 12:50 AM.

Old 10-27-2004, 07:10 PM   #5

cheechamia HB User

I've had the same thing only on my right side and the docs I've seen all said the tightness or swelling in my throat/neck was from the post nasal drip as it irritates it. I've read that too. Good luck!

Closed Thread