It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2004, 06:54 AM   #1
(female)

Gab2000 HB User
ENT or Allergiest

Hello all,

You know how bad my sinuses and allergies are. I can't breath at all thru my right nostril. Am I the only one with breathing problems?????????? I get my question is, should i see the allergist to treat my allergies or should I see the ENT since I can't breath thru my right nostril????
I'm taking allegra and flonase and they don't work at all. I'm still congested
What do you suggest????

TIA,

Gab

Old 11-02-2004, 06:58 AM   #2
(female)

Gab2000 HB User
Re: ENT or Allergiest

I forgot to mention that I also have purple circles under my eyes, and never had them before. Are they related to the allergies and congestion?????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2004, 07:03 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

chigs489 HB User

If it is only congestion, without any pain or headaches, and without pressure, it is probably just allergies. There may also be a structural abnormality such as a deviated septum, which causes you to get congested on one side.

Try Chlor-Tremiton 12hour in the morning and Sudafed at night. You will be tired for the first couple days, but your body will adjust. See if the congestion clears. If it doesn't go see an ENT.

Old 11-02-2004, 07:30 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Halls HB User

I say go see an ENT. You may have something like a deviated septum and allergist only deal w/allergies, not nasal structure. I do everything through my ENT. He has an allergy clinic on site so I get my allergy shots there as well. Good luck.

Halls

Old 11-02-2004, 07:46 AM   #5
(female)

Gab2000 HB User

I do have pressure and sinus pain (in the frontal sinuses?? the ones in the forehead.. also on the right side by my eye.. it's all congested, imfalmed and hurts My appointment with the ENT is next Tuesday (a week from now).

Well what do you guys think??? I had a C-Scan almost a year ago because I had bad congestion... the c-scan showed NOTHING. Can I get a polip or a deviated septum thru this years. What can be physically dirrent today than last year that is causing so much misery? (congestion, sinus pain on my right side?)

Old 11-02-2004, 07:49 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

rush_rulz HB User

I guess the ENT at least he can tell if there is anything else blocking your nostrils but to tell what your allergic to it would have to be the allergist, but my ENT said my allergies were causing my sinuses and they won't ever go away unless I spend money I don't have to find out what I'm allergic to. He would not even do XRays on my face even though the swelling was so bad I had to get a cortisone shot (felt better immediately though!), because I don't have health care coverage!

Old 11-03-2004, 12:45 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

sneezydiva HB User

Honestly I think it's best to see both, or at least an ENT who also does allergy shots. The ENT can only do so much, and antibiotics don't cure allergies. You need to address the source of your problem, and if you have allergies they need to be treated in order prevent your congestion.

Old 11-03-2004, 05:23 AM   #8
(female)

Gab2000 HB User

I just made an appointmet with the allergist too. She will see me in 2 weeks and the ENT next week. Wish me luck guys!!! I just want to eb able to breath again

Old 11-03-2004, 06:27 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

chigs489 HB User

Sounds like a possible infection. A deviated septum can complicate things, by not allowing air into the place where the infection resides.

Go to an ENT and have him/her perform an endoscopy.

Also get yourself on an irrigation routine.

Old 11-03-2004, 06:37 AM   #10
(female)

Gab2000 HB User

I don't really think I have an infection since I finished the antibiotic 2 weeks ago. I'm actually getting better little by little. I started the irrigation with the sunucleanse last week. I think is helping me somewhat. I'm now doing it twice a day (mornings and nights) and I also add a little bit of peroxide, just like a teaspoon per cup of water (just in case). I'm still stuffy, but my sinus headaches have dimish a little bit. I'm also using the sinus survival spray every two hours. BUT i still have purple circle under my eyes. I guess it's because of my sinuses being clogged.

Old 11-03-2004, 01:59 PM   #11
Inactive

hoffta HB User

I would go to the ENT first and ask him to recommend you to an allergist if indeed you do have allergies.

Old 11-05-2004, 07:33 AM   #12
Veteran

Blondee15 HB User

i'm personally all about the allergist, but that's b/c I do know my problems are all allergic & related, & infections come FROM the allergies(sinuses clogged for so long= sinus infection, etc). I would go see an allergist first to see what allergies you have & what you can do to control the problem. Look for an allergist with a specialty. For example I have asthma & my allergist is out of a pulmonology center so the main concern is keeping my lungs together which is the most concerning of all my allergy problems. You may want to see an allergist who specializes in otolaryngology(i'm positive that's spelled wrong!)

Old 11-05-2004, 10:49 AM   #13
(female)

Gab2000 HB User

Thank you all for your replies!!!! I made an appointment with both BUT the ENT's appointment is first, actually this coming Monday. Please pray for me so everything is fine... I hope I don't have polips or something worse. I'll keep you updated!!!

Closed Thread