It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2004, 04:04 PM   #1
(female)

Gab2000 HB User
Nasal sprays

Hello,

I have used nasonex and flonase and they don't seem to wrok well for my congestion. My right nostril is still very congested. I got these two new sprays
- sinus buster - it's very spicy on the nose. it tingles... i still don't know if I like it. I used it twice but I'm kind of afraid of using it again... any experiences with it?
- Sinus survival nasal spray - just got that one on the mail. I just used it... I don't think it helps congestions though...

anyone using any of these?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2004, 08:38 AM   #2

bunnee HB User
Re: Nasal sprays

I use something called chromolynn. Dont know if they have it in the usa. Im in canada. The drug is called sodium chromoglycate. It comes in teardrops, nasal spray and neither are perscription. The athsma puffer is perscription though. I use it cause I dont want to use steriods.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2004, 10:49 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

CheerAngel HB User

I can't help much with the 2 new sprays that you are using though, haven't heard or been on them before. There's another steroid spray, Nasacort AQ. I don't get much or no benefits from steroid nasal sprays. Have been on the highest dose but still congested. Though I find that the nasal decongestant spray/drop does help, but it can't be used too often. Have you taken nasal decongestants before? Maybe you should go and talk to your pharmacist or doctor about the spicy feeling... is it suppose to feel like that? Sprays will take a few weeks to kick in, so if you are using only a few days, maybe you can wait to see. Good luck!

Old 11-03-2004, 02:58 PM   #4
Inactive

hoffta HB User

It seems as though you have been experimenting with nasal sprays. When you start mixing things w/o a doctor's advice you could be causing inflammation of the lining of the nose. I have never heard of either spray, but use Flonaise. It has cortisone in it and if indeed you have inflammation should reduce it. On the other hand if you are just spraying stuff up your nose without professional guidance you could be doing more harm than good.

Old 11-04-2004, 12:50 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

sneezydiva HB User

This is a response I posted in another post, but I think it might help you:

The problem with Flonase is if you are really congested it doesn't get where it needs to be to start working. I would continue to take the Sudaphed to help clear your sinuses. Also, here is what I do to get the most out of the Flonase. Take a shower, this will help clear your sinuses. Then use a saliene nosespray,( I use ENTsol) and blow your nose. This will help get some of the gunk out. When you use your flonase keep your chin down on your chest and look down at your feet. Think of aiming the flonase towards your ear when you squirt it in. Do your first squirts, then wait 1-2 minutes then do the second squirt. This will allow the first squirt to work and help get the second one further into your nose.

All of these steps were recommended by my allergist. Before he told me this, I never felt flonase worked that great. Now I think of it as a minor miracle. If you have congestion, my doc says using Flonase is like putting water on oil, it doesn't get to where it needs to be. These steps will help!

Old 11-04-2004, 08:31 AM   #6
Inactive

hoffta HB User

I have never had anyone really tell me how to squirt the Flonaise up my nose...I am going to try this to determine if it makes things work any better. Thanks for the tip!

Closed Thread