It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2004, 08:10 PM   #1
Inactive

hoffta HB User
Nebulized Medications

I was just wondering if anyone has used the nebulized steroids and antibiotics? These were ordered from Stanford and used for sinus infections. You breathe them up through your nose for three weeks. I had to also take an oral dose of Levoquin with this regimen for 10 days. I have developed an allergy to Levoquin. I am almost glad since the Levoquin made me feel really ill when on it.

Did this seem to work for you? I thought it was very expensive and very ineffective.

Old 11-06-2004, 02:47 PM   #2
Veteran

reader1 HB User
Re: Nebulized Medications

I have been dying to try nebulized steroids and antibiotics for sinuses. So it didn't work for you? I would still like to try it.

Levaquin and its relatives are the only antibiotics left that do me any good. Fortunately, I do not have any side effects from them. Until I started Xolair at the end of last year, I had between 7-10 bacterial infections (sinusitis or bronchitis) each year, all initiated by allergy. So my resistance to antibiotics is pretty high. That would probably mean that nebulized antibiotics wouldn't work for me, but I would still try them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Has Anyone had any experiance Nebulized Glutathione astroh2o Environmental Disorders 0 05-29-2008 01:41 PM
Always Research The Medications Prescribed ACE28 High & Low Blood Pressure 5 02-23-2008 04:11 AM
Nebulized Lidocaine for chronic cough???? lizmc Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD 3 10-08-2007 02:26 PM
Do's and don'ts of meds & the Fentanyl patch Kissa Pain Management 27 06-23-2007 11:42 AM
Medications?? Shouldergirl Pain Management 9 01-04-2005 02:44 PM