It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2004, 08:25 PM   #1

bunnee HB User
Concha Bullosa

Has anyone ever heard of or had CONCHA BULLOSA or had surgury or any kind of treatment for it? I will bump this a few times because I havnt heard of this alot and i dont know who will reply.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2004, 08:50 PM   #2
Inactive

hoffta HB User
Re: Concha Bullosa

I had a concha bullosa and had surgery to reduce it. I had other problems though too so they took care of everything at one time.

Concha bullosa refers to an enlargement or ballooning of the nasal turbinate (which is a normal structure in the nose). Concha bullosa is a normal anatomic variant, but occasionally, a concha bullosa can be very large and contribute to sinus obstruction. In these cases, the concha bullosa can be readily reduced by surgery

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2004, 09:09 PM   #3

bunnee HB User

gjzhoff, could you tell me about your sinus situation and where you are at now with it? Do you feel better and did you only need one surgery... any side affects and what were all your sinus related issues?

thanks

Old 11-06-2004, 09:49 PM   #4
Inactive

hoffta HB User

Bunnee,

I suffered with sinus infections and allergies and went untreated for years. One ENT I saw told me not to go to an allergist that it was voodoo medicne so I took his bad advice and never went to one. I think that set me up for chronic sinusitis. For many years I kept everything in check by taking two sudafed and three aspirins in the morning and at night.

The first time I had sinus surgery it was an emergency surgery because the pcp allowed it to go on too long and I developed a staff infection. When I finally got to see the ENT I thought he was just going to clean out my nose, but he insisted on surgery right away.

I went to an allergist after this surgery and am now and will forever be on three shots once a month. They do not think I will be one of those people that can stop after five years. I take Allegra D, Singulair, and 4 sprays of Flonaise up the nose daily. I have developed asthma as a result of the allergies now. I think I just let everything go on too long.

I just had another sinus surgery in August of this year. I wish I could tell you that I could go without my medication, but they tell me absolutely not. I hate taking it because it has caused other problems for me. I did not feel the pain that I did after the first surgery, but I think I breathed better after the first. I cannot tell you why that is, but that is my feeling.I am hoping I will not need another surgery, but I have been told that once they do surgery scar tissure forms and repeats every few years are necessary. My body tends to form scar tissure anyway.

Do not hesitate to ask if you have any other questions.

Closed Thread