It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2004, 07:27 PM   #1

bunnee HB User
Nasal Polyp Surgery

Could anyone who has had this surgery please tell me about it? Has anyone had a polyp that was hard to see on x ray? in the ethmoids? What was your experience ansd did you get them recurring?

Old 11-06-2004, 07:54 PM   #2
Inactive

hoffta HB User
Re: Nasal Polyp Surgery

I am allergic to everything including cats and dogs. My children both have pets, a cat and dog. One of the ENT's I went to insisted and got quite nasty about the dog and cat. He wanted me to get rid of them. I am on allergy shots and at maintenance level so I thought he overreacted. He thought the polyps came from the dog and cat. Another ENT and the allergist I go to thought he was making too much of everything. I did have polpyps, but they removed them when I had surgery.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2004, 08:15 PM   #3

bunnee HB User

Are you still suffering though? Because your other posts it seems you still have problems. Sorry to be prying, Im just trying to get a grasp of whats going on in my head so i can fix it.

Old 11-06-2004, 08:38 PM   #4
Inactive

hoffta HB User

After my first sinus surgery I felt much better than I do after this one. I do not know why that is, but I did. After the first sinus surgery I was on no medication and it was amazing how well I breathed and felt. The ENT that did that surgery though insisted that I go to an allergist and get on medication.

I went to a different ENT for this surgery because my physician moved to the south. This time I do not get the same feeling. I feel like I am still somewhat congested most of the time and that is on medication. They think though that the cillia do not work in my nose to push the mucus out. I do not however, get the awful facial pains and fullness. I also sound nasally like I have a cold, but I think they removed a lot of stuff from my nose.

I developed a mucuscele after the surgery and a few lesions. He cut those out in the office and it was very painful. I do not think there are any easy answers to sinus problems, especially if they are chronic.

Sorry I could not be of more help to you.

Old 11-06-2004, 08:57 PM   #5

bunnee HB User

No you are being very helpful, thanks so much I appreciate it.

Old 11-14-2007, 12:41 PM   #6
(female)

turkan HB User

i have had polyps for4 years and i have had 1 surgery . can i ask you if you have got an headache and you heard a sound all the time.

Closed Thread