It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2004, 12:27 AM   #1
Inactive

ClearSkin4ever HB User
Dogs and Cats

Someday I want a dog or a cat--maybe both later, but I am allergic to them. I discovered this about 7 years ago when I visited grandma with a cat. I wasn't allergic as a child. I used to play with my dogs closely--even pat them--they didn't bother me.

What their hair do is affect my eyes first--they itch to the point of redness--then my skin starts to itch until I wash it off. Then if I stay with relatives who have pets, my breathing tube is tightened, but I stay okay though it can be miserable.

Allergy medications makes me drowsy--even if it says it is non-drowsy. I don't want to commit to regular allergy shots which someone told me is once a week at a clinic. I am not a pills popping person, so that's why.

My question is, is there a natural form of strengthening your immune system or ward off allergy attacks? My body is leaning to seek this route instead of drugs. It just doesn't make sense to pop pills just to have a pet. Before seeking a pet, I would like to try strengthening my body against allergies to pet's hair. See if I improve.

Old 11-09-2004, 11:03 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Dogs and Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearSkin4ever
I don't want to commit to regular allergy shots which someone told me is once a week at a clinic.
I had an allergist who had a unique approach to allergy shots. He used a weak solution of most of the grass, tree and weed pollens in my area, and never used a stronger mix. I got the allergy shots on my schedule, not on his. If I felt that I was stuffing up too much, I went in and got a shot.

Quote:
My question is, is there a natural form of strengthening your immune system or ward off allergy attacks? My body is leaning to seek this route instead of drugs.
I've had acupuncture treatments for my sinus problems, which seemed to help.

I've also purchased my own acupuncture machine, for about $100, and have used it to give myself electro-acupuncture sinus treatments, which seemed to help.

Regards. Best of luck and health!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2004, 11:50 PM   #3
Inactive

ClearSkin4ever HB User
Re: Dogs and Cats

Thank you. I am bumping it up for more opinions . Anyone tried drinking or taking homeopathic solutions?

Closed Thread