It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2004, 05:30 PM   #1
Veteran

monarchangel HB User
Allergies and fluid in the ears

Does anyone know if siinus problems and congestion can cause fluid in the ears? Evreytime I go to my dr, she says you have fluid in the ears go home and take sudafed. I also notive that just about every morning, I wake up with moisture in my ears? Can allergies cause fluid in the ears or would it be an ear problem???Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2004, 07:10 PM   #2
Veteran

reader1 HB User
Re: Allergies and fluid in the ears

Oh, yeah. Allergies can cause fluid (mucus really) to build up in your ear canal and your eustacian tube (not sure if I spelled that right - connects ear to throat). Very uncomfortable. Take the sudafed religiously for 3-4 days. If no improvement, call the doctor back. An antihistamine in combination with sudafed would probably help as well. Holding a warm, damp cloth up to your ear will help thin the mucus and get it moving more quickly. A nurse told me that once and I have found it helpful.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2004, 07:18 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Midget HB User

Yeah, I totally agree. My ears had been stuffy for a while, and it just cleard up today. :P Finally...man that sucks. I wonder how long til it comes back again. :P lol

Old 11-27-2004, 08:24 PM   #4
(female)

fossil HB User

Hii...

I also have stuffy ears only in my case is that it's been a while. I went to a doctor back but he didn't prescribe me a sudafed.

I think I want to try taking sudafed now. Could you please tell me which kind of sudafed you're taking? I get this list from a website and don't know which one I should take:

Sudafed ® 12 Hour Tablets
Sudafed ® Sinus and Allergy Tablets
Sudafed ® Cold & Cough Liquid Caps
Sudafed ® Sinus & Cold Liquid Caps
Sudafed ® Nasal Decongestant Tablets
Sudafed ® 24 Hour Tablets
Sudafed ® Non-Drying Sinus Liquid Caps
Sudafed ® Severe Cold Formula Caplets & Tablets
Sudafed ® Sinus Headache Caplets & Tablets
Sudafed ® Sinus Nighttime Tablets
Sudafed ® Sinus Nighttime Plus Pain Relief Caplets

And also what is the dosage? One tablet a day? Has it been helping you with the liquid in your ears?

Please advise... Thanks so much...

Old 11-28-2004, 02:27 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Midget HB User

I'd just go for a decongestant, such as the 12 hr Sudafed ones...or the 24 hr Sudafed, then ya only gotta take one a day.

Old 11-28-2004, 02:44 PM   #6
(female)

fossil HB User

Thanks Midget. I'll try that. By the way, do you get drowsy? Cause I go to college and won't be good if i fall asleep in the class. Thanks again.

Old 11-29-2004, 06:10 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Midget HB User

No, they don't make me drowsy...in fact, people say decongestants keep you awake. :P But I haven't noticed being sleepy or hyper...

Old 12-05-2004, 12:59 AM   #8
Veteran

Blondee15 HB User

I really like & find a lot of relief from the maximum strength(or severe congestion also known as) sudafed.. love that stuff it helps so much! yes allergies can cause fluid in the ears, i've had fluid on & off for a few years now & do my best to control it through meds though at some point surgery may become an option to control it, at times it has become debilitating(makes me dizzy!) & just won't go completely away. well my best suggestion is sudafed maximum strength, that should help a ton!

Old 12-05-2004, 06:09 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Midget HB User

Yeah, that's what I've been doing mostly all this week...and it's only helping a little bit, though. :P Ugh.

Closed Thread