It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2004, 10:10 AM   #1
(female)

Ladybandit08 HB User
Question please help

Hi, I have really bad allergies, and recently have developed a pretty bad head cold. I was using afrin nasal spray and it worked for like 2 days then it stopped..i know you arent supposed to keep using it, but i foolishly used it for like a week once or twice a day. Now i feel like my head weighs a thousand pounds, and when i tried to blow my nose my ears made a popping sound and i got dizzy for about 1 minute. Has anyone experienced this? I am very worried, and my doc is not in today =/

Thank you --
Missy

Old 11-23-2004, 10:30 AM   #2
(female)

MOMMYREILLY HB User
Re: Question please help

It Sounds To Me Like You Have A Sinus Infection. Same Thing Happened To Me On Different Occastions

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2004, 04:31 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Midget HB User

Maybe not a sinus infection, but I would agree you are super congested...try some sudafed, hot showers, etc...get all that snot outta your sinuses.

Old 11-24-2004, 11:54 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Yep, Sudafed according to the directions, steaming, fluids, Rhinaris pump spray, even nasal washing will help get the swelling down and keep you hydrated.

It could be a sinus infection now because of the chronic congestion.

I can relate because I was addicted to Otrivin for YEARS!

Only use Afrin or ilk at night to breathe while sleeping, and only one shot -- ONLY if you are super stuffed up.

Best to you,
quincy

Closed Thread