It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2004, 09:40 PM   #1
(female)

valley10 HB User
Inflammation of the lymph glands!

Hi all. My complaint is that i have had inflammation of the lymph glands in my throat for a couple of months now and the doctors cant find what is causing it. They say it may be Hayfever which i will have for the first time in my life. I've taken some tablets but they are still swollen. Also this past week i've been having these kind of attacks where i find it difficult to inhale air from my lungs and it's like my heart is skipping a beat and then it starts racing. I get dizzy and light headed. Are these all symptoms of Hayfever.....any opinions would be appreciated.
I've tried beconase nasal spray but it doesnt seem to be working...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2004, 09:42 PM   #2
(female)

valley10 HB User
Re: Inflammation of the lymph glands!

I forgot to mention also that i dont have the usual blocked nose, runny eyes etc but i have a very dry throat.....could this be associated with asthma maybe?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2004, 10:17 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer1 HB User

I have had Asthma for many years and fortunately, I have not had the problem that you are having. Have you ever been checked for Mono or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome? As far as your breathing, that could be due to anxiety about your situation. Have you had any tests done? you could have a couple of things going on here. I would go to maybe an internist and/or an Allergist. I hope you feel better soon!

Old 11-25-2004, 07:04 AM   #4
(female)

valley10 HB User

Thanks for your advice. I might go for another visit to the doctor and insist on more tests. I've been using a nasal spray for 4 days now and my breathing is getting better. My main problem has been the swollen lymph glands on the right side of my throat and it feels swollen all the way down to my right lung. It feels like the bronchioles are swollen in which i am inhaling from. I wont give up until i find out what is causing the swelling that's for sure because i dont want it to get worse. Thanks again.

Old 07-14-2005, 05:25 PM   #5
(male)

Finstinct HB User

Valley 10 I am experiencing the similiar symptoms. Have you had any success?

Old 08-31-2005, 09:22 PM   #6
(male)

jimpmcsh78 HB User

hey everyone i have similar symptoms in fact its been like this for about 3 years for me. Any answers?

Old 08-31-2005, 09:47 PM   #7
(female)

karmakarmakarma HB User

Yep i had it for about 2 years and my doctor told me that its sorta all in my mind the swelling up of my throat. I used to get it really bad and i thought i had glandular fever but my tests came back negative. She also thought i had a minor case of thrush in my throat!

So what i did was, after i used any medication or puffers for asthma i make sure that i drink some water or at least rinse my throat after i use it. And if i start feeling my throat or glands swelling up, i just concentrate on my breathing and relax! I still get horrible post nasal drip though. Cant get rid of that

Closed Thread