It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2004, 07:58 PM   #1
(female)

Krayon HB User
Question Anyone have any idea whats going on with me?

I don't drink alcohol excessivly, but when I do, occasionally I have a reaction to it, I get killer back and shoulder pains and feel terrible. It seems to only happen when I drink certain drinks. Today I had a drink, vodka, galliano and OJ, and this happened (I didn't even finish half the glass before I started feeling bad), but this evening I had Irish coffee and I feel fine. I've gotton these pains with margaritas, and the worse I've had them was when I had wine coolers. Those are the only drinks, so far, that have cause this to happen. Other things, flavored beers, other drinks with vodka, and others haven't cause this. Any idea if this is an allergy to something in the drinks? And if so, what is, or how can I find what's common in these drinks that I'm allergic to?
Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2004, 05:19 PM   #2
Veteran

reader1 HB User
Re: Anyone have any idea whats going on with me?

Specifically what reactions do you get? Some alcoholic products, especially white wine, contain sulfites and some folks are allergic to those. It's also possible you could have an allergy or intolerance to alcohol itself and the intensity of your reaction depends on how much alcohol is actually in each drink.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2004, 05:42 PM   #3
(female)

Krayon HB User
Re: Anyone have any idea whats going on with me?

I get killer pain in my back and shoulders, then I get nausa. Though it seems as if the pain causes me to get nausa. Basically, those are my only symptoms.
This is also something that I don't understand, something like a wine cooler has the worst effect on me (so far). I've had vodka other times, in a different drink and I was perfectly fine.

Closed Thread